Sad news!

Sad news indeed. My heart goes out to you both.

--Wag--

Sad news indeed. At least you have established a relationship with him prior to this.
sad.gif

Brian -

I too lost my father after establishing a relationship with a man that was not the father that he should have been or that I dreamed of having. I held my father's hand and spoke to him as he passed. I relive those final moments daily. I live them in my waking thoughts as well as my dreams. There has not been a day go by in four(4) years that I have not replayed those moments in my mind. I tell you this in hope that you will not live with the regret that I now live with.

lead your father to Christ. There is no greater gift that you can give him then eternal life. Say this preyer with him. "Lord, I confess to you that I am a sinner. I know that I deserve God's penalty for sin, but I believe that Jesus died in my place and rose again from the dead. In the best way that I know how, I ask you to forgive my sin, come into my life, and make heaven my everlasting home. Help me to live for You from this day forward. In Jesus' name, Amen."

That is the prayer of "Salvation". They were the words that I wish I had spoken while holding my dying father's hand. I failed my father as he failed me and I will regret that for the rest of my life.

I have prayed for you and your father...

Mark

lost my dad 11 months ago the same way, I have great memories of his last few months, it was tough as we were not close until the end.... spend what ever time you can with him and I will put you both in my prayers...........

R....

Hey guys. Thank you for all of the kind words and the prayers. They will definately be need.
The support this board offers is great and sincere. That is what makes this place a special place to be!

Thanks again
Brian

Back