New Motorcycle day has arrived .

lol dr650pilot is my long time e mail . Rode my Thumper 12,xxx miles across the US with a budy long before the Hayabusa . 2008 and Hunter like the new B King . He is 23 now .
This RS Terry has incredible torque 105 lb . Not quiet Busa but close .

View attachment 1668587
Good thing that's a handsome young fellow seeing as how ugly the back of the bike is....

@c10 did you see the new 1300 boxer? Fully water-cooled and 150+ HP! That is going to be a monster with all this torque. Been a rumor for years now though so I wouldn't hold my breath. Right now I'll take 125 HP andless weight/complexity.

@c10 did you see the new 1300 boxer? Fully water-cooled and 150+ HP! That is going to be a monster with all this torque. Been a rumor for years now though so I wouldn't hold my breath. Right now I'll take 125 HP andless weight/complexity.
I have seen some rumors and spy photos.
The R1250RS with 136 hp / 105 tq now weighing 515 lb wet is sufficient.
Not much matches RJ Back in the day @ 207 hp and 500 lb for power and acceleration.

Nice looking bike for sure, although I'm sure you wouldn't do it anyway is a shame you couldn't of tracked RJ down and brought him back home but hopefully this will fit your needs and we'll get to see some great pics and info from you as usual:thumbsup:. After my current situation on a customers 1969 bmw it's enough to turn me completely off from bmw for good pretty much to the point I've thought about banning them from my shop completely :lol: .

BMW = great product when serviced and parts avaible . Not everyone's cup of tea . This is the Only bike remotely close to RJ , but while it lacks in power it is refined that RJ was great it was not like this . Sigle side swing arm, shaft drive , center stand , and factory bags make it fit my touring needs well . While not being a 650 lb RT or 800 pound wing .

There was a time when I had a hankering for one of these:

Beemer.jpg

Anybody ever looked into the Valve adjustment for the Shift Cam 1250 Beemers? There is a video series on Youtube that walks through it, but my god all the special tools needed is a headache in the making. The good is that the heads are out where you can get to them easy enough. Not sure what BMW charges for that service but it might be worth it. I came real close to buying a 1200GS Rally several years ago but never happened.

Anybody ever looked into the Valve adjustment for the Shift Cam 1250 Beemers? There is a video series on Youtube that walks through it, but my god all the special tools needed is a headache in the making. The good is that the heads are out where you can get to them easy enough. Not sure what BMW charges for that service but it might be worth it. I came real close to buying a 1200GS Rally several years ago but never happened.
ITs a easy service for me . Just to check the valves is a 20 minute job , and often no adjustment needed .

What's that, a split in the tire?

Glad you are liking the new bike.....
Just a mold seam Bill . The photo just represents getting nearly all the way over without even trying. I have a sport TFT screen that shows lean angles, how hard I'm braking , how much traction control is used . Multi shift light information. So far been over 42 degrees for a left sweeping turn .

Just a mold seam Bill . The photo just represents getting nearly all the way over without even trying. I have a sport TFT screen that shows lean angles, how hard I'm braking , how much traction control is used . Multi shift light information. So far been over 42 degrees for a left sweeping turn .
Now when I look at it better I see it's a seam....

They are surprisingly nimble....

Back