Spent day test riding new Motorcycles

c10

Registered
Rode the Rocket 3 R , 1200 Tiger XCX ( the tall one XRC is lower seat ) , and the wifes 900 GT for its first round of wheelie testing ;)
The Rocket is real dog in rain mode , but wakes up in Sport . It managed to get the front wheel a few inches off the ground in a 1 / 2 shift.
However one can not tell in video due to camera position .
Its slow speed was very good for its tire size , and weight . The Tiger 1200 though will eat the big rocket in maneuvers . This unit was a 2019 demo with 1000 miles on it .
The Big Tiger only hits a little harder than the 900 GT up top above 90 mph . I feel the weight difference of 1200 vs new 900 GT ( 100 pounds ) makes the little GT accelerate quicker in the short sprint . .

Well hers a little video for you guys . It was 99 degrees when I called it a day . Over 160 miles between the rides today .
RJ though was my favorite followed by the little GT

Ya Bill it was fun .

20200711_094723.jpg

20200711_103638.jpg

20200711_103618.jpg

20200711_101817.jpg

20200711_103752.jpg

20200711_103749.jpg

20200711_113628.jpg

I couldn't ride with my feet out like that, I've ridden with my feet under me too long I guess.

Not a bad looking muscle bike though, I like the exhaust, it looks angry...

Not down for riding a Harley Brian?
Ridden quiet a few Ryan . Some look real nice , but none meet my speed or handling requirements .
They told me today the Rocket was really fast . That statement applies for some , but not myself .
As I rode home today on RJ , and thought wow my near 40,000 mile bike rides/performs better than some of the latest tech out there .
I'm digging the wife's 900 GT though . After being there for most of the morning I came home , and got a call from them a hour later the plate had come in got the 900 . So I rode the 900 back up there 50 miles to get the plate .

My wife just bought 765 Daytona LE for her track bike. We're breaking it in right now. I'm less than impressed. Prefer our R6 and GSX 750 R, which is surprising.
Some years back a tested a Thunderbird Storm at Daytona. Was most impressive.
Bit disappointed you found the Rocket dull. I've been meaning to try one.
When you ride a Hayabusa or 1000cc track-style bike, most other things are tame.
Had my (117) 2020 CVO Street Glide's throttle pinned on a dead-straight country road. Speedo stops at 120 - and not a real rush. Bit of a yawn, really. Everyone here knows the Busa, which is flat-out addicting.

I would say the rocket is quick, not fast. It is jerk your neck off quick actually. I hear the newer ones handle a bit better than the older one I rode, which struggled to do more than 1/8 mile in a straight line. I sat on the new one and I could definitely see riding it. But I will never go back to a heavy bike and boy is that a heavy bike.

I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in South Carolina who used to ride an R1M...he just traded it for a new Africa Twin so he could do some adventure tours once the world opens up again...his plan is to ship it to places around the world and ride...he has a couple other buddies going along on Africa Twins, he said they wanted the same mounts for commonality of parts, etc....

He asked me to tag along on a couple of his tours but I told him thanks but no...

It does sound like a lot of fun...unfortunately he is not a picture guy due to his former profession so won't be sending me any I can post....too bad as it sounds like he will be having great adventures.

I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in South Carolina who used to ride an R1M...he just traded it for a new Africa Twin so he could do some adventure tours once the world opens up again...his plan is to ship it to places around the world and ride...he has a couple other buddies going along on Africa Twins, he said they wanted the same mounts for commonality of parts, etc....

He asked me to tag along on a couple of his tours but I told him thanks but no...

It does sound like a lot of fun...unfortunately he is not a picture guy due to his former profession so won't be sending me any I can post....too bad as it sounds like he will be having great adventures.
That is an interesting Avenue of motorcycling that I can see myself getting into for sure. The idea of carrying a tent and all and seeing the world a different way. Those Africa twins are about the same price as a Gen 3.

I can skip seeing the world with its state of nuts . However there is plenty to see in north America. I miss RJ for how much work ,and final build .
That said the big Triumph Tiger is far more fun , comfortable, usefull , go more places . I can still rail turns triple digits or poke along off road .
Spent more on tires , has ,and oil with th his one . Knocking on 5000 miles now .
20210222_164059.jpg

Former profession keeping him from taking pics?

Back