Who has bought a NEW Corbin seat?

RedBusarider

Registered
I received my new Corbin seat yesterday and it DID NOT come with a bracket to mount it to the bike. :banghead:

I had to remove the one from my OEM seat and put it on the Corbin.

Has anyone else had to do this?

For almost $300 I would think that it would/should have come with it's own mount.

Now if I like it well enough, and wanted to sell the OEM seat I would either have to buy a new bracket and attach it to the seat or
advertise it as a OEM seat without a mounting bracket. :banghead:

So let me know, you that bought a new Corbin, what did you get?
If someone bought a used one, what did you get?

One more thing, IF I ever upgrade to a Gen II does it take the same bracket? Could I take it off the Gen I and put it right on a Gen II or are they different?

Here's What it looks like.

Corbin Seat.jpg

I've had 2 Corbin seats now. They don't come with the mounting bracket. A Gen I seat will fit on a Gen II but it doesn't look good or fit good.

I bought a Corbin front and rear seat for my Gen II Busa and the seats did come with a mounting bracket. It has been a while since I had the front seat off, but I remember there were two steel legs that stuck out from the seat and hooked into the mounting position on the subframe. I did not need to remove any parts from my OEM seat to mount the new Corbin. I am guessing that there are some minor differences in the Gen I and Gen II seats, but enough to where Corbin does not include mounting hardware on the Gen I.

That's weird. I'd give them a call. For the $$$ you paid it had better. I'm sure it was a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I just checked Corbin's website and it states that the Gen I's don't come with hardware but the Gen II's do.

when I got the Corbin for my old 08, it was also a straight swap: remove the stocker and install the new one.

My Gen2 one has like bolts or some crap holding it in the rear. It looks EXTREMELY hokey, but it works.

And I LOVE the seat for long distance comfort though! :beerchug:

I went to the Corbin factory and had my seat made while I waited. They took the hardware off the old seat and mounted it on the new one. (Gen I).

I went to the Corbin factory and had my seat made while I waited. They took the hardware off the old seat and mounted it on the new one. (Gen I).

Must be nice to live so close. You saved shipping at least. The problem with them taking the hardware off the old seat is that you would have a harder time
selling that seat if you wanted to.

I got a corbin brand new for my gen1. That's right, no brackets had to use the old ones. Got a pair of used ones on sale for 25 bucks problem solved. Oh and my @ss loves the corbin, I hope yours does too

Back