who has bought a bike site unseen...had it shipped long distance...or knows the drill

Re: who has bought a bike site unseen...had it shipped long distance...or knows the d

wait never mind.. forgot you need a passport now

No passport eh? ???
Had a little trouble with the law have ya...:whistle:

Yer a truck driver,you should be doin' this haul for free,you know,helpin' a brother out. :laugh:

RSD.

Re: who has bought a bike site unseen...had it shipped long distance...or knows the d

Site unseen? And shipped it? Hmm...not too many people come to mind, but one does kinda stick out. :whistle:

I know a guy who knows a friend who knows another guy who shipped his bike a long ways away. He actually did it twice. Lemme know if you want me to talk to him, bruvvah.

For me, I think the paypal thingy is a good start. Don't forget to have a them do a Bill of Sale first...they would need to generate one and then have them put a copy of all their contact info as well as a copy of their DL (just to be on the safe side). It'd be good too, if you could have someone take a looksee at it for you. Or, transversely, you could have your prospective seller take tons 'o pics...and make sure they're well lit and have everything you need for peace of mind in them.

There are tons of shipping companies...some require crating, others don't. I'm not too sure how it'll work crossing international borders, but if you'd like I can make a call to a couple of companies here that have stateside trucking and see what the requirements are and possibly how much it'll cost. I'd need to and from destinations, though.

I'll also check with that friend of a friend who knows a friend guy too. I'm sure he'll chime in. :D

Thanks Pac-Daddy. I forgot yer on yer second "just ship it to me" Busa. I've got shipping covered I think,still hard to trust anyone thou.

I'm about 99.9% sure I'm gonna go for this. You only live once my friend.

God hates a coward. :laugh:

T-Rubb. (my new nickname,should al go well)

Thanks Pac-Daddy. I forgot yer on yer second "just ship it to me" Busa. I've got shipping covered I think,still hard to trust anyone thou.

I'm about 99.9% sure I'm gonna go for this. You only live once my friend.

God hates a coward. :laugh:

T-Rubb. (my new nickname,should al go well)

Ah, well there you have it! Best of luck me bro...I hope it all turns out for the best. :thumbsup: My oh my..."T-Rubba". Trubba. Like "trouble"

Heheh..."TroubleSideDown". Has a nice ring to it, eh?

OR...even bettah: TurboSideDown. :beerchug:

The locals are gonna need to put the women and children to bed...and hide the animals. "Trubble" comes. :devil: :super: :evil:

no law trouble... yet. I just don't have a passport.

I've got the tools to get the job done

4411_1166663330074_7034486_n.jpg

4411_1166663450077_4605470_n.jpg

183051_1201098990944_1082096_n.jpg

I wouldn't do it good luck if you go for it:thumbsup:

Damn $2k I would almost go there myself test it and deliver it to you...

I just checked flights....1800.oo bucks. You can fly to Europe cheaper. :banghead: I HATE Canadian arilines. I was gonna send my nephew on an' adventure.

RSD.

I live in Windsor, Ontario. Which is still a hefty drive to Sudbury. It would cheap as hell to ship if the bike was being shipped within the same country. I bought my 2001 from North Dakota, and had it shipped to Detroit, Michigan. Than I just got a ride across the border, drove it home and declared it.

I asked for a tonne of pictures, and we did it all through paypal, and just made legal invoices, so neither one of us got screwed.

I've bought 3 bikes all sight unseen since, and not once had an issue arise. (knock on wood)

If This person is willing to meet me halfway, and you fly into Michigan I'm more than willing to help. :) I have an enclosed trailer as well.

(I am assuming you live in the US?)

I live in Windsor, Ontario. Which is still a hefty drive to Sudbury. It would cheap as hell to ship if the bike was being shipped within the same country. I bought my 2001 from North Dakota, and had it shipped to Detroit, Michigan. Than I just got a ride across the border, drove it home and declared it.

I asked for a tonne of pictures, and we did it all through paypal, and just made legal invoices, so neither one of us got screwed.

I've bought 3 bikes all sight unseen since, and not once had an issue arise. (knock on wood)

If This person is willing to meet me halfway, and you fly into Michigan I'm more than willing to help. :) I have an enclosed trailer as well.

(I am assuming you live in the US?)

Thanks man,great offer,I'll keep it in mind for next time. :laugh:
I missed out on this turbo by like 4 hours.
I live in B.C.

RSD.

Back