Sad Day

@white.Busa

I knew Red would find them...Ram Jam's making the ponies...just like we said. It's no slouch.

I agree that Kawasaki won't make the first move-they are already on the top of the heap.
That's the way it stands as far as hp but I still think the busa is the better of the two just by a smidgen. I've never ridden a Gen2 ZX-14 but comparing the Gen2 busa to the old ZX-14, the busa gets my vote...although I love both.

That's the way it stands as far as hp but I still think the busa is the better of the two just by a smidgen. I've never ridden a Gen2 ZX-14 but comparing the Gen2 busa to the old ZX-14, the busa gets my vote...although I love both.

I can only comment on what I see on videos and what others say but from all those, the ZX14R has the Hayabusa beat in all aspects-handling, comfort, hp, roll on power. Top speed is regulated or it would probably have that as well.

The Gen 2 Hayabusa was designed to take the Gen 1 ZX and then Kawi responded with the Gen 2 ZX which took the Busa…..hopefully Suzuki responds in kind but they've had several years and only the sound of crickets have come from them.

Am I a big fan of the Hayabusa-of course...if I was after only street dominance a ZX14R or H2 or S1000RR would have been in my garage.

My Hayabusa is a family member to me.

You know more than anyone else.....
source??

posted this last a few days ago one of many releases of the new patents.

this one is one of a couple saying they think about 210HP

That information has been floating around for a couple years...

According to Bennett’s source, Suzuki will reveal the production version of the new Hayabusa at the 2020 EICMA Milan Motorcycle Show.
But before that they’ll be testing the bike on the road to make sure the bike meets expectations.

The engine will retain the inline four-cylinder architecture. To make it Euro5 compliant Suzuki will surely bump up displacement to 1400 cc. The most likely displacement for the new Hayabusa is 1440 cc.
A new exhaust system will be used and featuring active carbon filters to reduce emissions. This will allow the engine to produce at least 200 hp. But the latest information points to a value of 210 hp.
There were rumors that pointed to Suzuki using some kind of turbo or compressor. But for now, it seems that the Hayabusa won’t be using a supercharged engine like the Kawasaki H2.
If the engine retains much of its components, the same can’t be said of the frame. Suzuki wants the Hayabusa to lose some weight. To that end, they’ve redesigned the frame rails. This will allow the Hayabusa to have better handling.

it says NOTHING besides specualtions or what we already assume using common sense.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the GEN 3 needs to be lighter and more powerful to make sense on the current market!
This article means unfortunately nothing!

@white.Busa

I knew Red would find them...Ram Jam's making the ponies...just like we said. It's no slouch.
@Yellow09 yes he does ...
In this Dyno all busa, with full exhaust system and remapping will show more than 200 horsepower
that's what i mean.
This dyno shows 12-15 horsepower more than normal dynos. There is no such number of horsepower in a normal busa sorry.
You can look up to the internet, a similar chart of horsepower in normal Busa. Or one video.
Nowhere will you find it because it just doesn't happen.

Last edited:
In this Dyno all busa, with full exhaust system and remapping will show more than 200 horsepower
that's what i mean.
This dyno shows 12-15 horsepower more than normal dynos. There is no such number of horsepower in a normal busa sorry.

Beats me o fílos mou, I only report on what I see.

Bryan's bike is set up more than just an exhaust and remap though.

I've seen 2 bikes set up exactly the same and one makes more power on a dyno than the other for some reason.

Last edited:

that's what i mean.
So alot of people don't want to believe Bryan's bird can put out those numbers and I myself had doubts, however I did some research abs what I came up with is most mustang dynos like what boosted uses actually are known for reading less then most others, the one big thing I found was someone had done some testing on ceramic bearings freeing up horsepower. Yes I know doing multiple pulls and keeping everything the same conditions is impossible but I found that they were able to show that have less resistance because of the bearings did lead to freed up horsepower and my thoughts are that if @c10 was to throw his oem wheels and bearings back in it would probably read closer to what your saying and still probably a little higher as im sure @Boosted Cycle Perf put a little extra effort into the tune for ram jam since he knew it was gonna be posted all over the forum. Just my .02 worth ;)

Beats me o fílos mou, I only report on what I see.

Bryan's bike is set up more than just an exhaust and remap though.

I've seen 2 bikes set up exactly the same and one makes more power on a dyno than the other for some reason.
2% -3% is an acceptable difference, according to the factories. Some will make 185 horsepower some others 190.
Here we are talking about a huge difference of at least 8% which cannot be done according to the manufacturer.
So be sure that this number doesn't exist. And of course I've never heard or read about 207 horsepower in stock Busa..

2% -3% is an acceptable difference, according to the factories. Some will make 185 horsepower some others 190.
Here we are talking about a huge difference of at least 8% which cannot be done according to the manufacturer.
So be sure that this number doesn't exist.

Perhaps PM @c10 and @boosted Cycle Performance and they can explain this better to you as I am by far no expert. My own bike has been dyno'd and I know what it's numbers are but that's about it.

This topic ended for me, sorry if I said my point and annoyed some of you.
I've been here for over two years now, I don't think I have offended anyone. I believe what I said and that is all.

My 02 cents. I'm by no means a bike mechanic. My experience though in engines, tuned pipes, and headers does say something I think., I've seen some pretty remarkable changes in HP on those items, No.1, if a bike is broke in gently, it will not be a fast as one that was broke in hard and fast. I've seen undeniable proof of that, many many times!! What makes a bike with 4 in 1 and headers, broke in fast with good tight cylinders and pistons faster? Horsepower. I've seen several times, several bikes, leave others behind quarter mile 10-20 car lengths? Same weight and same experience rider. No 2. I fly RC airplanes using 2 stroke engines using 15% nitro. Engine was a size .32 OS max from Japan. I found that engine with a certain type of tuned pipe could outperform a .52 engine with standard muffler using 30% instead of 15% nitro!!. So, certain types of 4 in 1 do better, make more HP than others. That tuned pipe on that little .32 engine had to be EXACTLY a certain length and diameter. Some 4 in 1 exhaust makers I know have to be different in some ways right? Length, diameter maybe even how many twist, turns and the angle of said header. Most buy 4 in 1 sets because of looks and sound. On my 2008 vet, I had to remove the Texas headers because of regs in Cali. When I went back to stock exhaust, big time difference on the pull! We had some sportbike boys in Baton Rouge, La that raced, tuned and overhauled their own bike and I would talk to them all the time. They all swore by a certain 4 in 1 maker and model of exhaust and swore on dynos that their pick of 4 in 1 made 20 more HP. So, yes if stock can make 185HP, a bike broke in fast, and with some types of 4 in 1 setups, power commander, AUX. fueling module, don't see why they couldn't make 200 plus HP.

Last edited:
This topic ended for me, sorry if I said my point and annoyed some of you.
I've been here for over two years now, I don't think I have offended anyone. I believe what I said and that is all.
You are entitled to have your opinion and I am sure nobody gets offended over it. (but its a touchy subject....horsepower kinda equals the size of your ...you know)...But I am curious what the other guys have to say about it. I absolutely trust and believe @c10 - but I also thought it seemed high for being bone stock.

It's all on video ;) fyi none of you Greece members have Rob Muzzy titanium system.
He was well known for R&D of his pipes .
Muzzy is no longer around . Many years ago on the ZRX forum I showed how a left side exit muzzy pipe for a zx11 made more power than a right side exit muzzy made for a zrx .
RJ broke in by myself hard ,and fast like every bike before. I'm lucky to have Rob so close .

Back