Sad Day

busafan08

Registered
For me yesterday as I sold my beloved 08 I had it for 6 years and its been a awesome bike the new owner is a Canadian reallocated to Australia I think I am going to wait for the gen 3 now then again I have been looking at gen 1 already :D but thats going backwards right ? here are a few pics with the new owner riding it away :thumbsup:

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

I'm trying to sell minebut the more I think about it the less I want to sell. I know if i do get rid of it i will regret it.
I regretted selling a couple bikes-one was my '85 GSXR750, that was a cool bike and the other was my '79 Yamaha Daytona 400, I did a lot of work on that bike and it was a real blast to ride..

The other bikes....not so much, sad to see them go but their memory faded quicker.

That's my favorite Gen 2 color combo. I didn't research your posts; why did you sell? Just ready for something different?

That's my favorite Gen 2 color combo. I didn't research your posts; why did you sell? Just ready for something different?

3 bikes sometimes a chore to ride them all the time cant stand not riding my bikes 2 bikes gives me a little breathing space :D plus I got a good price for it Planning on getting another hyper bike sometime in the future :thumbsup:

3 bikes sometimes a chore to ride them all the time cant stand not riding my bikes 2 bikes gives me a little breathing space :D plus I got a good price for it Planning on getting another hyper bike sometime in the future :thumbsup:
I was in your shoes before...nice to actually go down to one bike now so I can concentrate on it...I had 5 bikes at one time and it was a real chore to maintain and ride all of them...

For me yesterday as I sold my beloved 08 I had it for 6 years and its been a awesome bike the new owner is a Canadian reallocated to Australia I think I am going to wait for the gen 3 now then again I have been looking at gen 1 already :D but thats going backwards right ? here are a few pics with the new owner riding it away :thumbsup:

View attachment 1611901

View attachment 1611902

View attachment 1611903
The very same thing happened to me almost 6 years ago when I left germany and had to sell my busa. I had the exact same colours as you! (My absolutely favourite colour combo by the way!!)
And i saw the guy riding away with it.
I remember before he showed up, I sat about an hour in the garage and talked to her.....ooohhhh god...old memories..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

@HayaWakened - I know exactly what you are doing there.....:-)

I'd wait for the Gen3 but the Gen1 is definitely a great bike. I'd like to own a Gen1 and a Gen2, one with turbo and one NA.

Hope the Gen3 comes out someday soon. If it ever happens, it will have to be a big leap in performance to beat out the ZX-14R. We'll both be at the dealership.

Back