A bit of a head scratcher

Can you identify a setting to “use disconnected.” If yes it should show map data without a working unit. I see only vague references to this so I cannot tell you where it may be.
Even when the unit was fully plugged into the bike before I removed it, I hooked up my laptop but it wasn't communicating so I couldn't pull up the home screen.

And none of my saved maps on my flash drive are able to be accessed.

Now that Bazzaz as a company is no more maybe the maps won't read...?

No, they would not have disabled the software. Their site indicates it remains live to provide software for users, so they are not one of those vindictive companies.

I think something has changed since you last went through the computer routine. Have you upgraded the operating system?

Does the PC read the files? Can you copy them to the hard drive in file manager?

No, they would not have disabled the software. Their site indicates it remains live to provide software for users, so they are not one of those vindictive companies.

I think something has changed since you last went through the computer routine. Have you upgraded the operating system?

Does the PC read the files? Can you copy them to the hard drive in file manager?
I have the maps on a flash drive and they are not readable even though I was able to read them before....

I was also able to gain access to the Bazzaz through the laptop to check maps and switch them out if I wanted to, I was also able to adjust the idle.....

When I last hooked up to the system with my laptop it wouldn't read it....

....and, I had an issue (point of my thread) where the bike shut off and wouldn't start for at least 20 minutes.....after I've taken the Bazzaz programmer off, I've had zero issies which tells me the Bazzaz is the problem.

I've had the ECU flashed minus maps as the bike was dyno tuned through the Bazzaz....I'll probably just send the ECU away for a canned tune...I figure someone like Moore Mafia has done so many that his canned tune should be really close in AFR values to what I was running.

I just plugged in the Bazzaz to my laptop and nothing is coming up on my laptop and the Bazzaz is showing a red light fault

Last edited:
I have the maps on a flash drive and they are not readable even though I was able to read them before....

When you say the maps are not readable, do you mean the flash drive is corrupt and you cannot even see file names in Windows? Or do you mean the software will not open the maps?

If the flash drive is readable can you post the maps online? Do you use Dropbox or google drive or such? You may post files then share a url for others to download the files.

Otherwise I can give you my email address and you can directly send me files. I will be happy to install the software and attempt to extract the fuel maps and just see what happens.

When you say the maps are not readable, do you mean the flash drive is corrupt and you cannot even see file names in Windows? Or do you mean the software will not open the maps?

If the flash drive is readable can you post the maps online? Do you use Dropbox or google drive or such? You may post files then share a url for others to download the files.

Otherwise I can give you my email address and you can directly send me files. I will be happy to install the software and attempt to extract the fuel maps and just see what happens.
The flash drive is fine, the maps are unreadable, the files are not recognized...it says the file is not supported when I try to open one....I've opened and studied these maps several times on this same laptop and nothing has changed with the operating systems in it. It has been a few months since I've done so however....

I did note there is a file name but the icon is blank.

I plugged in the Bazzaz to my laptop and nothing, there was a red light on the unit itself which I found out meant there's a fault with the system.

I only use standalone systems, the only on-line avenue I approach is this forum.

I was also able to gain access to the Bazzaz through the laptop to check maps and switch them out if I wanted to, I was also able to adjust the idle.....

When I last hooked up to the system with my laptop it wouldn't read it....

....and, I had an issue (point of my thread) where the bike shut off and wouldn't start for at least 20 minutes.....after I've taken the Bazzaz programmer off, I've had zero issies which tells me the Bazzaz is the problem.

I've had the ECU flashed minus maps as the bike was dyno tuned through the Bazzaz....I'll probably just send the ECU away for a canned tune...I figure someone like Moore Mafia has done so many that his canned tune should be really close in AFR values to what I was running.

I just plugged in the Bazzaz to my laptop and nothing is coming up on my laptop and the Bazzaz is showing a red light fault

Moore Mafia makes a great tune...only they all have that on/off lightswitch throttle.
The next time I have a bike dyno'd, I'm going elsewhere, for someone who Cares enough about people who street ride...not just drag race everywhere.
I've always heard good things about Lee's Performance in Charlotte NC, and he's alot closer anyway.
If someone isn't willing to click a couple of buttons in their flash to make the on/off throttle response smooth...then I'm not giving them any more money.
After watching some of their videos...I wouldn't want these guys touching my bike anyway...

I only use standalone systems, the only on-line avenue I approach is this forum.

Some are not into connecting with others and cloud services and such, I get it. That does make assisting more like a desmodromic valve job rather than a valve cap replacement, but I am still here for you anyway.

it wasn't communicating so I couldn't pull up the home screen.

I just installed whatever version of Z-Mapper is on the Bazzaz web site. I opened the software, it attempts to connect for a few seconds, then a small dialog pops up. At the bottom of the dialog is "Use disconnected." I selected that and got the home screen. Now I can select the LOAD button to point to a file.

Does this help?

Last edited:
I just installed whatever version of Z-Mapper is on the Bazzaz web site. I opened the software, it attempts to connect for a few seconds, then a small dialog pops up. At the bottom of the dialog is "Use disconnected." I selected that and got the home screen. Now I can select the LOAD button to point to a file.

Does this help?
I'll go into the site and see what I can do....it is a "nice to have" if I can get a map off my stick so I can send that along for a reference for my ECU mapping....

Thanks, much appreciated.

I went into the defunct Bazzaz.net site and still can't get my maps to read....

I'm probably far better to trash the whole Bazzaz system and just get a canned tune loaded by MooreMafia....that's something I'll do over the winter.

Do you have the software installed? Can you launch it? It is called "Z-Mapper". I am trying to second guess what you are dealing with. It sounds like you relied on it auto-opening when you connected to the bike, but because the unit is dead that does not happen. If that is correct, then you must go to the start menu or the desktop and manually launch Z-Mapper, then select "load" to open a map.

Do you have the software installed? Can you launch it? It is called "Z-Mapper". I am trying to second guess what you are dealing with. It sounds like you relied on it auto-opening when you connected to the bike, but because the unit is dead that does not happen. If that is correct, then you must go to the start menu or the desktop and manually launch Z-Mapper, then select "load" to open a map.
The unit is completely off the bike and is never going back on....I got left on the side of the road once and I suspect the Bazzaz is the culprit as I have ridden over 1000 trouble free kms since taking it off...

All I was hoping is to pull off the map I was using so I could send that to the tuner to simplify things but in all honesty I think they will have a canned tune that will be pretty much on par.

Thanks for all your assistance though...

Back