Interesting Fi light today

Just keep the wire with you and don't turn off the bike if the FI Light starts flashing. Suzuki ECU doesn't hold FI codes in memory it clears them every time you cycle the key.
Sad part is most must remove key to unlock hump and pull then code from service dealer connector .
Best way is fitting a Dealer Switch from Greg @smithabusa on the inner fill section

If nothing else, that nasty fuel filter needed to be changed...it was hard an

Dear lord, that filter looks like a tea bag that has been used 100 times to many and squished by a competitor in a strong man competition. I think your bike was just telling you to replace that thing, how many miles does it have on it, for my own future reference?

Dear lord, that filter looks like a tea bag that has been used 100 times to many and squished by a competitor in a strong man competition. I think your bike was just telling you to replace that thing, how many miles does it have on it, for my own future reference?
It has 45,000 kms or around 29,000 miles

It was nasty...one of the things I meant to get around doing but kept putting it off..

I changed everything else so far (all fluids, spark plugs, etc...)

I meant to do it right after I watched this from @c10

It would be extremely likely to have something to do with refueling since you just did that a short time earlier. It's always possible the refueling was a coincidence but I kind of doubt that. I hope you got it solved but it would sure be interesting to see what that code you had was.

It would be extremely likely to have something to do with refueling since you just did that a short time earlier. It's always possible the refueling was a coincidence but I kind of doubt that. I hope you got it solved but it would sure be interesting to see what that code you had was.
I agree, the bike has run flawlessly all this time so for it to come on all of a sudden and with a lurch then start running like it's down to 20% power was odd...from my experiences on other bikes it felt like a fueling issue.

I will be diligent and trap the next code if any shows up-hopefully none do.

Even though I've taken it on several rides with no issues (so far), I tore all the fairings off it this morning to check the electrical plugs just in case...I'll leave no stone unturned...I'm kind of OCD like that....

Sure is ugly without the plastics....

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

I had 50k on my ZX-14 and it was running just fine without ever touching the fuel filter. I gave ir a shotr of seafoam every other tank or so and max dosage over storage.
That seems a little more reasonable, fuel filters in cars go at least that mileage with no additatives so was a bit shocked at the state of @Bumblebee's. That said, I'm about to do a bit of work on the ZX10 probably won't hurt to take a look see just give me a piece of mind if I'm out on a long trip.

That seems a little more reasonable, fuel filters in cars go at least that mileage with no additatives so was a bit shocked at the state of @Bumblebee's. That said, I'm about to do a bit of work on the ZX10 probably won't hurt to take a look see just give me a piece of mind if I'm out on a long trip.
If you look at the video I posted from @c10, that filter was crusty as well...not sure of the mileage on it though...

Peace of mind goes a long way in my books...better to be proactive than flat-bedded...

Back