FI light on, wtf!!

hemi

Registered
been havin starting problems ever since i got my busa about a month ago. Just replaced the battery to see if that would fix it. Was out tonight and the FI light comes on and starts blinkin FI on the odometer. I would guess whatever is causing this has been my starting issue all along. Any idea what it could be, something simple? Could I unplug the pcm or fuel pump harness to see if it resets itself. This is getting so frustrating, i only have 1400 miles on the bike!!

Payne

Registered
Dealership pronto dude! FI is bad, and has something to do with oil (I could be horribly wrong) but I do know that you dont want that FI light to come on.

hemi

Registered
could this be the cause of my starting issue, occassionally it will barely crank the engine sounding like a dead battery. I would think if it was a fuel problem though it would still turn the engine over normal, just wouldn't fire up

hemi

Registered
actually, i just decided to check the battery voltage again which i just installed last night, it was at 9.6v!!. So now I have two problems, something is wrong with the charging system and now the fuel injection system. Starting to wonder if i got a lemon

hemi

Registered
come to think of it, i just read another post on the forums where a guy said the bike needs to reach 5000 rpm's or more for full charging output. Last week or so out i have been just puttin around and haven't been above 5000 too many times. Do u think i'm bein too easy on it and need to keep it above 5000 rpms more often. Kind of sounds stupid, but i'm just tryin to think of anything i can do before takin it to the dealer

Htown Busa

Registered
Take it to the dealer. There shouldn't be a charge. I wouldn't even waste my time wondering what it could be. This is what warranties are for.