Interesting Fi light today

Could you have a coil starting to go down, that would have put the FI light on.
It happened with my mother's car started to jump around (as she described it) and then was ok . This happened intermittently over the next 2-300 miles before it finally gave up and caused the misfire so was easy to diagnose.
I think time will tell with this one

Could you have a coil starting to go down, that would have put the FI light on.
It happened with my mother's car started to jump around (as she described it) and then was ok . This happened intermittently over the next 2-300 miles before it finally gave up and caused the misfire so was easy to diagnose.
I think time will tell with this one
Interesting point, I will keep an eye on this as well....I've ridden it a couple hundred KMs since it happened with zero issues (so far, knock on wood.....)

ECU is basically a computer might just have been a software glitch that was reset upon ignition on/off
like mine one Fi issue in 105,000 miles
Could be, I did another 100 or so kms today without an issue...

The sad part is although I enjoyed the ride, my mind was remembering the Fi light and I was cognizant of each and every little hiccup or sound the bike made...

That too will fade in time...

That seems a little more reasonable, fuel filters in cars go at least that mileage with no additatives so was a bit shocked at the state of @Bumblebee's. That said, I'm about to do a bit of work on the ZX10 probably won't hurt to take a look see just give me a piece of mind if I'm out on a long trip.
IDK if it has the same fuel filter system as the ZX-14 but the 14 has a pre-filter which can be changed and then there's a filter inside the fuel pump which can't be changed unles you replace the whole fuel pump.

IDK if it has the same fuel filter system as the ZX-14 but the 14 has a pre-filter which can be changed and then there's a filter inside the fuel pump which can't be changed unles you replace the whole fuel pump.
thanks for the heads up, I will have to take a look, sucks you can't change the fuel pump filter without replacing the pump but at least they put the pre-filter on it.

Back