45 Days on a Gen3 Hayabusa - 2023 Pashnit Touring

Headed into the Sierra Range

DSC03200(2).JPG

Headed up Monitor Pass - Highway 89 - You see Monitor Pass in this thread multiple times because it's one our favorites. Perfect twisties, brand new pavement, and broad expansive views

DSC03201.JPG

Cathy & Hana - these two recently went to Portugal and toured together with another motorcycle tour company:
Ever thought of doing Europe, check these guys out: Marc motorcycle touring

DSC03202.JPG

We were here in June on the day the pass opened, and I walked across the (still frozen) lake and walked around that cabin which still had several feet of snow around it.

DSC09326.jpg

Same spot, few months back in June

DSC06439.JPG

DSC05529.jpg

DSC04333.jpg

Last edited:
Sprawling metropolis of Mi-Wuk Village.

DSC03245.JPG

Some of our riders - Joe is the guy on the Africa Twin. Joe tells me this story that he dropped the Africa Twin in parking lot and it was enough that it activated his SPOT which then sent out all these emergency message texts that he'd crashed. His wife freaked out and is trying to reach him. EMS is calling him to find out if he needs help. Too funny, poor guy. Dealing with the wife, been then done that, I sympathized.

DSC03247.JPG

Ken & I have been riding together for 15 years. He's 78 & my oldest rider I think. He has no plans to slow down. He's commuting from Salt Lake City to the Bay Area for several of these tours each season. He finally got smart & got a transit van & just loads the bike in the Transit Van and drives the distance to California for these motorcycle tours from Utah.

DSC03246.JPG

Alberto is one of our new guys, this is his second or third tour on his Multi. He did our Death Valley tour with us earlier in the year. Not sure what the pinky means, I'm sure that's some sort of gang symbol or something. Don't mess with that Alberto guy.

DSC03248.JPG

Laurent is from France & came to the US in high school, he joined the army right after HS and the Army sent him to Germany to be a tank driver, right back where he came from. He is one of three of our guys that has bought the new Suzuki GSX-S1000GT+. Laurent is a familiar face and rides on 3-5 of these tours every year.

DSC03250.JPG

Cathy is a retired medical doctor. Always good to have one of those on a tour. Her husband has also been on these tours, but was in a bad crash on the bike, so while he was healing up, Cathy signed up for all these tours, while he was stuck at home not able to ride. But don't worry, he's recovered & both of them are signed up to ride with us in 2024.

DSC03249.JPG

Back