2021 Pashnit Touring on a Hayabusa

DSC02517.JPG

My newfound hobby of shooting hairpins

DSC02519.JPG

Turning around I find this homestead which is little more than an RV and a portapotty.

I guess someone is into totem poles. And corn.

DSC02518.JPG

Dunlap Rd runs about 10-15 miles through the foothill community of Miramonte. It's twisty and sticks to the edge of a ridgeline dropping out of the Foothills. I had the road entirely to myself.

Dunlap-Rd.JPG

DSC02545-2.JPG

Only downside to this road is the consistency of that sand at the side of the road, any time trucks cut the corners could mean sand in the road.

DSC02546.JPG

DSC02548.JPG

DSC02551.JPG

Elwood is as fun as it looks. It's way more fun to ride it uphill.

For a long time, it was a goaty back road, then it got repaved, and it became pure bliss.

DSC02562.JPG

DSC02564-2.JPG

Elwood Rd for many years had this really crazy run-down property in the middle. A horse standing in the middle of the road, pigs, cows, junk everywhere, old cars, trash everywhere. I'd route the tour group to Elwood Rd to gawk like tourists. The sound of banjos was everywhere.

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

It was a real dump.

But the property was completely cleaned up, no trace of the former carnage. A young family was out front working on a fence. Good on them.

DSC02575.JPG

DSC02576.JPG

DSC02577.JPG

Trimmer Springs Rd was built along the edge of the lake.

This reservoir was built in the mid-1950s.

Trimmer Springs Rd Map.JPG

I've been seeing Tarantulas everywhere, they are very common to Central Cal, and often migrate across the road.

DSC02584.JPG

Before you think it, I've already got a new set at home base waiting to spoon on.

DSC02588.JPG

He wanted to say hello.
DSC02591.JPG

Every time I see these guys, it reminds me of this movie.

I saw this a young kid and was scared of <big> spiders for years. And yep, Captain Kirk did a spider movie.
Not a kid movie. :lol:

Kingdom of the Spiders.jpg

He went on his merry way and didn't attack me like in the movies.

DSC02593.JPG

DSC02604.JPG

I've always had a thing for backroads.

Maxon Rd has that in spades. Single lane, remote middle of nowhere.

DSC02605.JPG

Back