45 Days on a Gen3 Hayabusa - 2023 Pashnit Touring

Crisis averted. Bellies full, time for more twisties.

DSC03094.JPG

DSC03105.JPG

It's a beautiful sight.

DSC03111.JPG

Normally on a visit to Yosemite Valley, you stop & check out the waterfalls. But it's late in the season, snowmelt is all over and the waterfalls dry up, but come here in spring...

DSC_7529.jpg

DSC_7615.jpg

DSC04763.jpg

Nice! This time I didn’t have to stop to take these pics. The ride east out of the park isn’t a bad ride either. Most don’t realize the lowest elevation inside is still around 4,000’ and the east entrance is just under 10,000’. And when you fully descend the pass you’re still above a mile high. Grand views. I keep telling everyone to come out here, maybe you can convince them. :laugh: Nice pics again Tim.

At the base of the mountain as Highway 120-Tioga Pass meets Highway 395 at Lee Vining, there's gas station that supposed to have a fancy restaurant inside that's been featured on a bunch of TV shows. In a gas station. Well anyway, Whoa Nellie Deli. Look it up.

DSC03179.JPG

Gary and I are always the loading up on snacks before calling it a day. My kinda guy.

DSC03180.JPG

Mark just wants his ice cream & he's happy.

DSC03181.JPG

Sun is setting, we're hightailing it north along Mono Lake, which I just stopped at a few days (and a few posts back) ago, to head up to the tiny mountain town of Bridgeport.

DSC03182.JPG

Bridgeport is famous for its expensive gas.

DSC03183.JPG

15 bucks for 2 gallons of fuel and you're gonna like it. We're in the middle of nowhere. You have one option.

DSC03184.JPG

Not much going on in this town, population 500

DSC03184-3.JPG

DSC03184-4.JPG

I think I've stayed at every motel in this town over the last 20 years. We like this little Ruby Inn place, very mom-n-pop sort of place.

DSC03184-6.JPG

I sent the Pashnit Tour participants a quick message prior to the ride, reminding them we're based in Bridgeport in the Eastern Sierra.

The elevation in Bridgeport is 6600 ft. That means cold mornings. Sure enough, daddy was right. We awoke to a crispy 32 degrees and bikes covered in frost. There are no surprises in riding, the riders layered up for 30 degree temps. Plus, the first order of the day was we're headed up to nearly 10,000 ft.

However, as soon as we left Bridgeport, temps went up 30 degrees as we went up 8300 ft Monitor Pass & then headed for 8750 ft Ebbetts Pass. 30 to 60 in just a few miles. Just another day in the Sierra Nevada range. Perfect fall weather.

DSC03188.JPG

DSC03186.JPG

DSC03185.JPG

The busa was not as optimistic as Mark's Tiger

DSC03199.JPG

Only problem with touring on a vintage bike. Doesn't want to start in the cold weather. Don't think you can push start one of these.

DSC03197.JPG

DSC03198.JPG

Back