2024 Pashnit Touring on a Hayabusa

Have done both.
Always a good time.....

I was never in an Abrams but got to visit the simulators....they were pretty cool.

I got to drive and shoot both a Leopard 1 C2 and Leopard 2A6....they were fun.....but I sure was glad I wasn't armored.

I got a ride in a Challenger 2 but never shot one....

Crazy enough, they all have the same main gun.

Say Tim, my ‘mini’ air compressor works great but is kinda large. I know you have one of the latest and smallest (also) rechargeable. Like it? What brand is it? I’ve seen some online that are small like a tv remote but their prices are kinda steep. Beats the hell out of C02 cartridges.

Latest air compressor me n the boys are all carrying is the Oasser Air Pump. It's rechargeable and pretty small. Just search for it. Runs $30-$40
Nice thing about this one is you set the desired PSI on the readout and then just turn it on. So simple.

I just used it a couple days ago. Got to a low summit after several miles of a dirt road, thinking the rear tire feels a little odd. I'll check the tire pressure. And yes, I was in the middle of nowhere, closest town 30 miles away at least.

It was TEN! yup 10 psi. Thankfully it was low speeds on a dirt road so that probably even helped. :laugh: Me thinks I've got a slow leak. Couldn't find any hole or noise. Set the pump to 40, turned it on, couple minutes later filled back up and done, on my merry way holding air just fine.

I can't imagine not carrying an air pump and tire repair kit if you are touring like we're doing. I've plugged at least 30 plus flat tires on these tours with the Stop n Go mushroom kits.

DSC05527.jpg

4 miles of dirt to the summit and reached pavement. Thinking the rear feels a little odd. Brand new tire with just two tours on it. Pumping up rear tire with my Oasser air pump.

DSC05536.jpg

DSC05543.jpg

Last edited:
Latest air compressor me n the boys are all carrying is the Oasser Air Pump. It's rechargeable and pretty small. Just search for it. Runs $30-$40
Nice thing about this one is you set the desired PSI on the readout and then just turn it on. So simple.

I just used it a couple days ago. Got to a low summit after several miles of a dirt road, thinking the rear tire feels a little odd. I'll check the tire pressure. And yes, I was in the middle of nowhere, closest town 30 miles away at least.

It was TEN! yup 10 psi. Thankfully it was low speeds on a dirt road so that probably even helped. :laugh: Me thinks I've got a slow leak. Couldn't find any hole or noise. Set the pump to 40, turned it on, couple minutes later filled back up and done, on my merry way holding air just fine.

I can't imagine not carrying an air pump and tire repair kit if you are touring like we're doing. I've plugged at least 30 plus flat tires on these tours with the Stop n Go mushroom kits.

View attachment 1682114

4 miles of dirt to the summit and reached pavement. Thinking the rear feels a little odd. Brand new tire with just two tours on it. Pumping up rear tire with my Oasser air pump.

View attachment 1682115

View attachment 1682116

You and your dirt roads….smh.

…”Nice thing about this one is you set the desired PSI on the readout and then just turn it on. So simple.”

Mine does that that too, very convenient. Oasser, got it, thanks.

In the distance, this is the very southern edge of the 400-mile-long Sierra Nevada Range. After this, it's all Southern California.

DSC04820.jpg

Through a canyon to the other side of the range, we get into the Walker Basin.

DSC04822.jpg

DSC04823.jpg

Walker Basin Loop is a big loop around the base of a mountain, very remote region, nothing out here but ranches.

DSC04827.jpg

DSC04829.jpg

One year prior almost to the day, there were torrential winter rains in the regions. So much water, the canyons fill with water and literally are washed into the basin. The roads became rivers, and some roads were covered in over a foot of sand. Local residents were stuck in their homes as no one could travel anywhere until road crews came in with front end loaders and graders and plowed the roads. There was so much sand, road crews came in and simply plowed it to the side to open up the roads & hauled it all away later on. Crazy stuff. Same road as above.

DSC03596.JPG

DSC03598.JPG

DSC03600.JPG

Back