2nd Annual Cap's get together

Just checked the OU schedule as well, OU will be in Waco playing Baylor that Saturday, so the rooms should be available for those wanting a hotel. Just FYI. :cheerleader:

Re: 2nd Annual Cap's get together

I just posted this in the 1/4 mile forum. We'll try to keep the replies in there..
Link to Thread

Hayabusa.org Drag Race!

In conjunction with the Get together at Caps in October we are going to the PMRA drag race finals at Thunder Valley raceway. I talked to the PMRA owner and we decide to have a Haybusa.org Drag Race!

I’m open to suggestions on rules and procedures. We want it to be a fun thing and also get those that have never been on the track involved. It will be a simple bracket race, maybe with first round losers buying back in. We’ll pay the normal $10 gate fee and $10 to race. $5 to buy back in (or make it free).

Last year we had a group ride to the track and made it there during the PMRA qualifying. We’ll do that again and depending on the number of participates and what time we arrive, we’ll run on or two qualifying rounds. I will work with everyone to make sure they are comfortable with how it works. This will give everyone some practice on how the tree and race procedure works as well as †guess†to establish a dial in. Then we’ll run the eliminations. We plan on getting done way before the final rounds so we can enjoy watching the racing as well as being involved.

1/8 or 1/4 mile is still up in the air. This is a NHRA track. Protective gear requirements change dramatically once 120mph is breached. We want everyone to be involved so I think it would be better to run 1/8 mile. I don’t think we’ll have much of a chance of exceeding that at 1/8 with our target participant, yet most would be breaking it the 1/4

Gear requirements:
Full face helmet,
full fingered gloves
Jacket, leather or motorcycle specific.
Over the ankle sturdy footwear (prefer leather)
Minimum of jeans but if you have riding pants or leathers that would be better.
(I’ll bring some loaner gear. I’ve got 6 acceptable Jackets Lg-XL, a pair of overpants, pair of gloves, 2 pair of boots sz11, 2 helmets. Ping me if you might need something)

Participation Requirements:
You can’t be racing in a PMRA class except the “street fighters†(all day time trials you can participate in for $15 more). We don’t want this to interfere with the other classes. Hopefully most will be coming in on the group ride anyway.
If you, your spouse, or friend are riding something other than a busa no big deal. We just don’t want highly experienced drag racers bringing in a purpose built bike with wheelie bars, slick and delay box to gain the Hayabusa.org King of the Track title.

Procedures:

We’ll draw cards to make a bracket. If an odd number the lowest reaction in the previous round (or qualifying for the first round) will get the bye run. You can only get one bye run until everyone has had a bye. Otherwise standard NHRA rules on breakout, redlights, and crossing the lane lines, etc.

Prizes:
Cash payback %TBD, maybe a Trophy or two, and who knows… :)

It would be great if everyone coming gave it a shot. We don’t want anyone pushing the limits beyond their comfort zone. You can still have fun leaving the line as you would at a stop light, accelerating to 70mph and holding that speed through the lights. I’m betting someone could go a few rounds and maybe win the thing doing just that.

Comments / additions this is still open to change let me know what you think so we can get a feel for it.

I just posted this in the 1/4 mile forum. We'll try to keep the replies in there..
Link to Thread

Hayabusa.org Drag Race!

In conjunction with the Get together at Caps in October we are going to the PMRA drag race finals at Thunder Valley raceway. I talked to the PMRA owner and we decide to have a Haybusa.org Drag Race!

I’m open to suggestions on rules and procedures. We want it to be a fun thing and also get those that have never been on the track involved. It will be a simple bracket race, maybe with first round losers buying back in. We’ll pay the normal $10 gate fee and $10 to race. $5 to buy back in (or make it free).

Last year we had a group ride to the track and made it there during the PMRA qualifying. We’ll do that again and depending on the number of participates and what time we arrive, we’ll run on or two qualifying rounds. I will work with everyone to make sure they are comfortable with how it works. This will give everyone some practice on how the tree and race procedure works as well as †guess†to establish a dial in. Then we’ll run the eliminations. We plan on getting done way before the final rounds so we can enjoy watching the racing as well as being involved.

1/8 or 1/4 mile is still up in the air. This is a NHRA track. Protective gear requirements change dramatically once 120mph is breached. We want everyone to be involved so I think it would be better to run 1/8 mile. I don’t think we’ll have much of a chance of exceeding that at 1/8 with our target participant, yet most would be breaking it the 1/4

Gear requirements:
Full face helmet,
full fingered gloves
Jacket, leather or motorcycle specific.
Over the ankle sturdy footwear (prefer leather)
Minimum of jeans but if you have riding pants or leathers that would be better.
(I’ll bring some loaner gear. I’ve got 6 acceptable Jackets Lg-XL, a pair of overpants, pair of gloves, 2 pair of boots sz11, 2 helmets. Ping me if you might need something)

Participation Requirements:
You can’t be racing in a PMRA class except the “street fighters†(all day time trials you can participate in for $15 more). We don’t want this to interfere with the other classes. Hopefully most will be coming in on the group ride anyway.
If you, your spouse, or friend are riding something other than a busa no big deal. We just don’t want highly experienced drag racers bringing in a purpose built bike with wheelie bars, slick and delay box to gain the Hayabusa.org King of the Track title.

Procedures:

We’ll draw cards to make a bracket. If an odd number the lowest reaction in the previous round (or qualifying for the first round) will get the bye run. You can only get one bye run until everyone has had a bye. Otherwise standard NHRA rules on breakout, redlights, and crossing the lane lines, etc.

Prizes:
Cash payback %TBD, maybe a Trophy or two, and who knows… :)

It would be great if everyone coming gave it a shot. We don’t want anyone pushing the limits beyond their comfort zone. You can still have fun leaving the line as you would at a stop light, accelerating to 70mph and holding that speed through the lights. I’m betting someone could go a few rounds and maybe win the thing doing just that.

Comments / additions this is still open to change let me know what you think so we can get a feel for it.

I think this is AWESOME!!!!! I have always wanted to run my bike on the strip. I am all in for this....:beerchug:

I have all the gear except for pants...so I may need to borrow a set of over pants. :please:

I might try this year Rick if we can get a few others on board. I have full gear so that is not an issue. I just dont want to race professionals.

I am going to try to make it. Maybe come with RKABUSA as well. We'll see what we can work out but we're going to the bash so it may be tight.

Id like to ride up to this. Anyone else from Texas going up there so we could all ride together. That way I dont get lost.....lol.

Guys remeber this about the racing.... braggin rights and maybe your entry paid thats about it.... This is not for competition it's all about hangin out with other org members and enjoying what we like together. I think the 1/8 mile would be fine personally, we dont want guys getting out and trying to ride outside their experience level (me included) so while this can be fun and make the trip an absolute blast it could also turn very very ugly and ruin a great thing........

This isnt the NHRA national finals.

Im not really worried about the racing. I just want to put some faces to the names. Hopefully someone else from down here will post up so I can ride with them.

Guys remeber this about the racing.... braggin rights and maybe your entry paid thats about it.... This is not for competition it's all about hangin out with other org members and enjoying what we like together. I think the 1/8 mile would be fine personally, we dont want guys getting out and trying to ride outside their experience level (me included) so while this can be fun and make the trip an absolute blast it could also turn very very ugly and ruin a great thing........

Hmmm could always get a pair of bigwheels and have 60' races :rofl:

I really hope it wouldn't turn into this. I don't care if I get 1 pass and get knocked out of the bracket....I just have always wanted to run my bike and if i can get some pointers from the guys that know a thing or two....I can always run my bike here at our local drag strip...

This sounds great Cap. My wife and I would like to be there. We won't know our schedules for Oct. until Sept 10th (SWA flight attendents) We don't need a place to stay (her uncle lives in Norman) We'd be bringing both our Busas if we can get the time off. Hope to see and meet ya'll.:cheerleader:

I don't care if I get 1 pass and get knocked out of the bracket....I just have always wanted to run my bike and if i can get some pointers from the guys that know a thing or two.......

That is exactly what the intention is. Have some fun. It is getting some guys together and try something different. I'd expect most have never had a chance to try it. I'm excluding myself from running it, I want to devote my time to helping everyone I can to make it a fun learning experience.

:thumbsup:

That is exactly what the intention is. Have some fun. It is getting some guys together and try something different. I'd expect most have never had a chance to try it. I'm excluding myself from running it, I want to devote my time to helping everyone I can to make it a fun learning experience.

:thumbsup:

Thats what I need...some help from a veteran....I have no idea how, when to go on the tree.....:beerchug:

If your racing me rusty, wait till you see the green light, then count one, two, three then go!:laugh:

If your racing me rusty, wait till you see the green light, then count one, two, three then go!:laugh:

If I'm racing you...I'll just throw a plate of Parsley out in front of your lane...You will be occupied for hours!!!:boxing:

Back