2nd Annual Cap's get together

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Ok so the wife and I were talking about having another get together in Oct like last year. I have spoken to several people and I have been getting mixed reviews on what we should do.....

I can see this going two ways so I will put them up and let you all help me decide as well as chime in to see if your interested in coming...

1. We do a repeat of last year, folks start coming in anytime on Friday, we spend the evening on the porch visiting and having lots of laughs... Dinner provided of course..... Sat we all meet up at the house for those not staying at the house and we go eat breakfast. After breakfast we head to the PMRA races and camp out at the big end this year. We would take all the conopies that we have and chairs and just watch the races all day there.. We can cook out on the big end for lunch and have burgers and dogs. We can take dinner with us if we want because it got real late last year and if we needed could still have steaks there too that evening. At any time that we wanted to leave we could go back to the house and have the steaks there and have a great evening yukking it up to little johnny jokes again. Sun folks would head home.....

2. Folks come in on Friday and we laugh and visit on friday, sat get up early have a group ride and head to breakfast, spend all day Sat out on a ride and have lunch out as a group and come back sat night and visit on the porch. Sun folks would head home....

The big difference is that option 1 we all spend alot of time together, bikes not required. Option 2 we would all be together but not able to visit while we were riding.. I know that some of the feedback I got from last years was that it was just so much fun getting together as a group and having the time to just lounge back and laugh and talk with the board members...

You guys tell me if your even interested and if so what you would like to do...

Cap

How about a Drag Race while we are there? Link to Thread Professor 09-05-2008

Last edited by a moderator:
I would lean towards #1 cause I wouldnt have to trailer my bike incase it rains getting there but maybe I dont care cause thats what rain gear is for. But also some of us indiana folks could carpool. Besides like you mentioned I'd be more in it for the get together than the riding. I can ride anytime.
thumb_up.gif

edit: It would be cool with me either way though.

I wish I could come for either option, i'm out of vacation time though. Good luck on the get together though, and have a few for me.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I'll come, but no beer drinking or jokes from me this year!
laugh.gif

If people could get in a little earlier on Friday, we could have a nice group ride Friday afternoon, then do the same thing as last year.

I like the idea of setting up the busa camp on the big end at the drag strip.
ThumbsUp.gif

Either option sounds good, but I would lean toward #1. It was a blast last year hanging out with everyone. Plus, like Chris said, you may get a few more coming if they don't have to haul the bikes out.

Mount Scott ride to Mears for a burger somewhere in the schedule would be a nice idea, maybe on Friday.

We can do that too, for those that want to go on a ride we can have a great ride on Friday afternoon or early evening. Anyone that wants to come and not ride can still hang out like we did last year for a few hours.... Sat spend most of the day on the big end just kicking back......

is there a date yet? hopefully I'll be luckier this year and it'll land on my long weekend...1 in 3 chance, although I'm starting to feel sickly... coughcough
cool.gif

We can do that too, for those that want to go on a ride we can have a great ride on Friday afternoon or early evening. Anyone that wants to come and not ride can still hang out like we did last year for a few hours.... Sat spend most of the day on the big end just kicking back......
Or we could all just ride 2^
laugh.gif

I'm leaning towards 1. plus it'll be way cheaper for me to fly out there, and rent transportation if needed.
cool.gif

Doug, we will be happy either way. The weekend depends on if we have the boys, so we will plan to be there with our bikes either way and will be happy with whatever the group decides.

I'm scheduled for a project in ohio I believe during that time... might be able to pull it off, would definitely be on plan #1 though, in some type of rental, though even if the group does #2, I'd still be in the rental
laugh.gif

daamn the distance and time off factor, sounds like the best way to spend a weekend freinds and fam all kicking back. number one is the way to go ppl

Ok so the wife and I were talking about having another get together in Oct like last year. I have spoken to several people and I have been getting mixed reviews on what we should do.....

I can see this going two ways so I will put them up and let you all help me decide as well as chime in to see if your interested in coming...

1. We do a repeat of last year, folks start coming in anytime on Friday, we spend the evening on the porch visiting and having lots of laughs... Dinner provided of course..... Sat we all meet up at the house for those not staying at the house and we go eat breakfast. After breakfast we head to the PMRA races and camp out at the big end this year. We would take all the conopies that we have and chairs and just watch the races all day there.. We can cook out on the big end for lunch and have burgers and dogs. We can take dinner with us if we want because it got real late last year and if we needed could still have steaks there too that evening. At any time that we wanted to leave we could go back to the house and have the steaks there and have a great evening yukking it up to little johnny jokes again. Sun folks would head home.....

2. Folks come in on Friday and we laugh and visit on friday, sat get up early have a group ride and head to breakfast, spend all day Sat out on a ride and have lunch out as a group and come back sat night and visit on the porch. Sun folks would head home....

The big difference is that option 1 we all spend alot of time together, bikes not required. Option 2 we would all be together but not able to visit while we were riding.. I know that some of the feedback I got from last years was that it was just so much fun getting together as a group and having the time to just lounge back and laugh and talk with the board members...

You guys tell me if your even interested and if so what you would like to do...

Cap
wish we could figure out how to put a group ride into #1. i have relatives that live in oklahoma city, hell, id trailer mine in from shreveport, id just like to meet everyone that talk back and forth with on here.

If anyone from New England area would like to go, and split the gas, ill go!

That is if Cap will have me!
Its only 1700 miles for me!

If anyone from New England area would like to go, and split the gas, ill go!

That is if Cap will have me!
Its only 1700 miles for me!
Of course your welcome John....

Last year just sitting around at the track with 30 or so folks was just so relaxing... It was definately a different type of busa get together but I think just having that time to tell jokes and stay up late and not have to worry about riding the next day was one of the things that made it so relaxing....

Like I said last year.... Anyone that wants to come we will find a place on the floor or in a tent or something... I think that we slept 14 or so in the floor and we were prepared with 25 more cots in the shop if needed.... We are working out a group rate for those that want to stay in a nicer "cough cough" hotel than last year... Norman Ok. is just 8 miles away on the hwy and they have lots of nice places..

If folks wanted to fly in I'm sure that with all the local members we can make arrangements to pick you up at the airport.... As far as a place to sleep and keeping you dry we can cover that at the house... It may not be the Hilton but it would definately be a place to lay your head........

CAp

it depends on what weekend it lands on if i am working or not...if i'm off, i'll be there...no. 1 or no. 2 doesn't matter to me as they both sound fun
beerchug.gif

Back