2024 Pashnit Touring on a Hayabusa

DSC04853.jpg

Most perfect photo spot!

DSC04853-3.jpg

DSC04855-I.jpg

If only it wasn’t “narrow, bumpy, patched and muddy” and one way in, same way out.

Terry, Breckenridge Rd is paved all the way through from Bakersfield to Caliente-Bodfish Road (near Havilah). But not recommended for most riders.
I rode it on my TL1000R all the way through and promised myself I wouldn't do that again. :laugh: :laugh:

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

My Gen1 Busa handled it just fine though. ;)

IMG_8262.jpg

Maybe it’s me more than the bike. My Z900RS would probably like it better. Ever been completely around Huntington Lake east of Shaver Lake? The Kawasaki is much preferred for that kind of road over the Busa.

Maybe it’s me more than the bike. My Z900RS would probably like it better. Ever been completely around Huntington Lake east of Shaver Lake? The Kawasaki is much preferred for that kind of road over the Busa.

Picking the right bike for these rides has a lot to do with how you experience the ride. We're constantly trying to talk our riders into smaller nimbler bikes to handle our super twisty roads.
As for Huntington Lake, I used to offer a tour called the China Peak Tour, so named for the ski hill on the eastern side of Huntington Lake. It centered around the region from Sonora to Bass Lake to Auberry, everything in your backyard.
We stayed at the Lakeshore Resort in what the riders called the Unabomber cabins. They were old and in dire need of a tune up. Huntington Lake Rd on the northern side of the lake is fun, narrow and mountain twisty!

DSC00219.jpg

The third day on the road is my day.
The riders are headed for home as am I. I'm generally a day's ride from home base, so generally a 10-12 hour day on the bike depending on how early I want to start out. Typically I like being on the bike no later than first light. Can't take pictures at night. Or I'll ride 1-2 hours in the early morning to be at my target spot at first light to take pictures of the days roads. You can never have enough pictures of twisty roads. I have accumulated quite a library.

Not raining, that's good sign
DSC04878.jpg

Hmm, fork in the road.

DSC04881.jpg

I opted for Woody Rd up to Highway 155. Too early in the morning for people, no other vehicles on the road.

DSC04882.jpg

Last edited:
Back