2024 Pashnit Touring on a Hayabusa

That coffee is still working well for Randy

DSC04052.jpg

Salt, and more salt

DSC04053.jpg

Couple inches deep here on perfectly flat ground

DSC04054.jpg

Last edited:
Artist's Palate is a short 9-mile single lane (one-way) stretch of road cut through a small canyon.

It's twisty, but there's a lot to look at, plus lots of sand on the road. We normally ride this in the afternoon which means sharing the one-way road with other vehicles. As in stuck behind slow moving vehicles. However, our early start meant we had the road entirely to ourselves & didn't have to share it with anyone. Maybe we're onto something with this early morning start. The colors along this drive are a varietal rainbow. Iron compounds produce red, pink and yellow And the decomposition of tuff-derived mica produces the green, and manganese minerals produce a lavender purple. The best part is the double whoop, sometimes referred to as a gravitational vortex by riders. Get enough speed and you'll go airborne. Just what I heard.

DSC04125.jpg

DSC04126(2).jpg

DSC04129(2).jpg

DSC04171.jpg

The speed limit through here is 35 mph for the length of the road. It takes a steady hand to try and keep it near that. It's twisty and fun. But if you go really fast, you just catch up the traffic in front of you right quick. But it was still very early in the day, and we hit zero traffic. That was a first. And good timing.

DSC04172.jpg

DSC04173(2).jpg

DSC04175.jpg

DSC04178(3).jpg

Finally, you pop out of the canyon and drop down to the main road. Death Valley is famous for these canyons. The majority of them are not paved & the haven of the ADV sect. I'm constantly getting grief as to why I'm leading motorcycle tours on a Hayabusa and not a BMW GS. A whole new world will open up to you. Yah, I know. But I'm good. I'll keep my red Hayabusa for now. :laugh:

DSC04176.jpg

Back