What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Ktm 1190R axlenut fits busa swingarm pivot shaft about 12 dollars USD and made of aluminum.
Few goodies have been pulled off and put to the side so I can do simple mods and reinstall in a "plan".

Edit that - I was thinking about something else. Do you have a link?.

That nut and the two larger bolts for the stand are last on my list since I was waiting for this stand to turn up.

Few goodies have been pulled off and put to the side so I can do simple mods and reinstall in a "plan".

Edit that - I was thinking about something else. Do you have a link?.

That nut and the two larger bolts for the stand are last on my list since I was waiting for this stand to turn up.
My friend @Dai. you don't have to answer everybody. There is no comparison between your carbon fiber side stand,
and the cheap aluminum KTM stand. Everyone knows that. Keep up your great build, and don't listen to anyone.

Soon they will tell you that the unknown Penske 8975!! rear shock, is better than the Ohlins TTX SU 026 you got.
It looks the difference in quality, even in the photos. And yes the Ohlins are more expensive so they are much better .

8975_in_line_double_adjustable.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Last edited:
My friend @Dai. you don't have to answer everybody. There is no comparison between your carbon fiber side stand,
and the cheap aluminum KTM stand. Everyone knows that. Keep up your great build, and don't listen to anyone.

Soon they will tell you that the unknown Penske 8975!! rear shock, is better than the Ohlins TTX SU 026 you got.
It looks the difference in quality, even in the photos. And yes the Ohlins are more expensive so they are much better .

View attachment 1613150

View attachment 1613151
Did I miss a post? Where was a KTM swingarm suggested in place of the fancy carbon one?

View attachment 1613150

View attachment 1613151
No one mentioned using a ktm stand and definitely no one brought up ohlins shock not being awesome. Bryan simply gave up some useful info on some lightweight parts as usual so you may wanna slow down and read before replying. Ive never seen anyone here say anything but how amazing your bike is and suddenly after @c10 posted videos of his bike hitting over 200 hp on the dyno you seem to be coming off with a bit attitude around here. If im wrong I'll own it but that's just the way I took it FWIW

Reactions: c10
Fresh plugs, air filter cleaned, fresh brake and clutch fluid, new heat shields on fairing interiors, new trim around windscreen and dash panels, throttle tube greased, throttle cables lubed, clutch slave cylinder seal replaced., new bulbs all around, OCD cleaning (LOL) . Up next, fork seals and new front brake pads. Winter maintenance...

cheers
ken

IMG_20200221_215845.jpg

Fresh plugs, air filter cleaned, fresh brake and clutch fluid, new heat shields on fairing interiors, new trim around windscreen and dash panels, throttle tube greased, throttle cables lubed, clutch slave cylinder seal replaced., new bulbs all around, OCD cleaning (LOL) . Up next, fork seals and new front brake pads. Winter maintenance...

cheers
ken

View attachment 1613305
How do you grease a throttle tube?

Engine number 1 is almost back together, then timing the cams on both engines. After that engine 2 is going in the frame and the real fun begins installing the turbo system and all auxiliaries. I'll be starting a build thread with all the photos I've been taking and the process. Plus a few surprises that I haven't posted on here yet of what I'm doing with it. Also, some evidence that I take safety first while using solvents! Lol.

20200216_145205.jpg

20200202_171803.jpg

20200216_103127.jpg

Greg , do you use a Speed-O-Healer ?
No, because I only ever use standard gearing so I don’t see the need to...
Also, I’ve checked my speedo against the roadside radar speed displays coming into my town and it’s only 3kmh different at 60kmh,
So I actually have an accurate idea of my speed.
Hmmmmm speed, I like speed, HIGH speed.
:firing:

No, because I only ever use standard gearing so I don’t see the need to...
Also, I’ve checked my speedo against the roadside radar speed displays coming into my town and it’s only 3kmh different at 60kmh,
So I actually have an accurate idea of my speed.
Hmmmmm speed, I like speed, HIGH speed.
:firing:
You know at 100kmh on clocks , you do real 94 kmh with stock gear setting and new tire
I use on my '00 18T/40T + 190/55serie/17 , clocks on 140kmh GPS 141kmh still love it .
If i have 5000 km's on rear tire i know it can't be 100% , so drive real km's slower

Big day in the shop today. Changed all fluids in the Busa as well as the plugs. Cleaned the air filter, lubricated the chain and pivot points. Wiped her down and tucked her back in under the cover.

CRF 450 got a new plug and the valves checked as well as all the bearings cleaned and lubricated. All spokes checked and torqued. New break fluid as well as a coolant change. Oil and air filter were already new.

YZ250F New plug, rear pivot points cleaned and lubricated. Spokes checked and torqued. Brake fluid and coolant changed. Triple tree pulled apart and steering bearings ordered. Oil and air filter are new.

Harley will get some love tomorrow. Now we just need some nice weather to go ride.

Back