What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Ok. . . Announcement re Kiwi Rider’s riding future . . .

I am now officially obsessed with the DRZ400E I bought on Saturday.
Today I went crazy at work and bought a pile of new Adventure riding ‘must-have’s’ . . .
$700 later, ahem, it’s looking the part!
More parts to come soon, stay tuned. . .

D831F325-0DCF-4D39-8C2A-B37714E39FC8.jpeg

187E8E4C-D143-4B8A-9989-A920CE4E69F3.jpeg

My Busa now has the sulks, won’t even look at me :confused:

Ok. . . Announcement re Kiwi Rider’s riding future . . .

I am now officially obsessed with the DRZ400E I bought on Saturday.
Today I went crazy at work and bought a pile of new Adventure riding ‘must-have’s’ . . .
$700 later, ahem, it’s looking the part!
More parts to come soon, stay tuned. . .

View attachment 1613901

View attachment 1613902
My Busa now has the sulks, won’t even look at me :confused:
I never thought 35HP could be so fun, until I bought the DR. DRZ is looking great, Greg!

I removed the spring spacers that came with the brock’s clutch mod, because the lever got too hard and I didn’t like it. If I had a power adder, they would probably be necessary, but not needed in my case. I was just looking to reduce the drivetrain “slack” and it was accomplished, as well as, my 5th-6th false neutral almost complete gone now!! I think I experienced it twice after the brock’s part was installed, which is awesome and greatly improved, compared to all the false neutrals I used to get.

Getting ready for a ride tomorrow I thought I’d swap out the cans for my modified stockers. The movers didn’t secure the Busa properly when I moved over here and it fell to the side enough to gouge the right side can, thankfully, just the can. However, they were ceramic coated and looked pretty good so I was pissed and removed them when I got moved in. The mover paid for his mistake but still...They have a nice low rumble under slight throttle but really sound off when I open er up. :) I used a 12” long 1/2” drill bit and after removing the end (beauty) cap, drilled nine holes in the end baffle plate and the deeper baffle. I reinstalled the end cap for looks. The dyno showed almost a 5hp loss in the midrange but I can’t actually feel 5hp up or down. Took them on tour one year and didn’t like them for miles and miles at a steady speed but in the twisties and on/off throttle inputs they really sound good, almost like a heavier duty motor or a larger motor. Here’s a before and after. They might look black but they’re really a dark charcoal. Maybe I can find some paint to cover the silver scratches.

@ottafish whats that + o - switchy thing that you have mounted on your bike? Curios minds want to know.

Ahh, good spot
It's a remote for the sena b/t unit in my helmet
Because I have the neotec 2, it has the sena that mounts all internally.
But the buttons on the helmet are so small and crappy, I can't easily and consistently get them with gloves on.
This way, I'm not fumbling around trying to hit the volume up or down..
It does vol up and down, track skipping and phone answering.

Back