What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Top one is out. Easy. It's the bottom one. I'll deal with it tomorrow when I'm calm. I've learned over the years to walk away and let it sit. I'll throw a bolt extractor on it tomorrow and get it off. Or I'll kick over the whole bike, set it on fire, pour some gas on it and enjoy a cigar. One or the other
I rennet when I do mine I had a wrench on one end twisting against the garage floor and an half inch breaker bar in the other side. Did the bolt or the nut strip? No matter how it goes always enjoy a good cigar!!!

Get everyrhing you think you would need in advance. I started to go piece by piece an it took a lot longer than expected. Use power house for parts and pieces. He’s goes above and beyond to help and will sell you all the little parts you can’t find anywhere.
I appreciate it! I've been talking to him for a week or so now just wanted some opinions from someone that doesn't work on bikes for a living lol

I used a snap on impact socket and my 1/2 inch impact gun to break mine loose when I was doing my swing arm. There was no way I could break them, when I put the breaker bar on I almost turned the entire bike off of the stands.
It sucks that your bolts are rounded out so that makes it all the more diffcult for you.
I have the factory bolts for the links, you could just cut the bolt head and I can send you the bolts when I send you your cooling hoses.
Thanks. I’m gonna need it. One way or another this sucker is coming out today. I was using a 1/2 breaker bar with a 2 foot cheater on it. Lol. I may just try to cut the head off today. It’s the actual bolt that is stripped.

Thanks. I’m gonna need it. One way or another this sucker is coming out today. I was using a 1/2 breaker bar with a 2 foot cheater on it. Lol. I may just try to cut the head off today. It’s the actual bolt that is stripped.
If it were me and possible, I'd cut the head off and be done with it.

Besides, you are probably due to get something Ti by now....

Put the ECU back in the BUS after a flash from PowerHouse. Also got my Clymer manual this week. Now just waiting for spring to arrive so I can rack up a few miles.

Did some fairing modifications to clear the gen 2 overflow. Test fit with the fairing to make sure all is lining up.
Still have a little more modding to go so it fits perfectly.
Also managed to get the HeliBars adjusted with the lowering clamp and I can clear the cowl and windscreen need to see when I put the dash surround on hope it clears.
Also test fit gps and pc lcd all clear now thank you @mabupa

61D22EF1-9043-452D-96BF-08C8AC12C9F5.jpeg

78CCAAAD-CB16-4A90-BCF1-7F162709B1E0.jpeg

8053DAE0-0E71-4DC3-8DBE-ACE1B1BFFE6D.jpeg

9C4C33EC-02FE-4099-93D3-2D124263DD32.jpeg

960862BD-95E6-49C1-ADC6-9D2087D14849.jpeg

6ECE86F4-B396-41B2-B1B6-31C6E18F3EE4.jpeg

6FE40161-9936-476D-8035-ECAAAC3E8031.jpeg

A0361C6D-C28A-4820-8312-285131672BC0.jpeg

3D01BC5A-D1E6-45DF-B256-E76968D3366A.jpeg

D442A106-0B66-4B25-A51A-B92EDF43A08C.jpeg

View attachment 1594784

Changed all the hydraulic fluid
greased throttle sleeve and lubed cables
Cleaned air filter
flushed and replaced coolant
gonna fix a leaky fork seal
did a crappy job painting centerstand
will pull the wheels for new rubber this month
polished the tank...
took the fairings in the house and washed in the kitchen sink (I live alone LOL)
general cleaning of nooks and crannies and a nut and bolting.

cheers
ken
View attachment 1594784

Changed all the hydraulic fluid
greased throttle sleeve and lubed cables
Cleaned air filter
flushed and replaced coolant
gonna fix a leaky fork seal
did a crappy job painting centerstand
will pull the wheels for new rubber this month
polished the tank...
took the fairings in the house and washed in the kitchen sink (I live alone LOL)
general cleaning of nooks and crannies and a nut and bolting.

cheers
ken
Got to ask what is the benefit of a tank like that with two holes up top? Just looks? Know it is big $ Japanese.

Got the bolt out!!!!! Used a bolt extractor and a 4 ft cheater. Finally broke loose. Bolt is trash but I don’t care. I still have to get the shock out of its little home in there. I was so happy to get that out I stopped.

Didn’t want to push my luck. Today was bad. Hit every red light on the way to work. Parked, stepped out of truck and hit the ground. Slipped on black ice and landed on my elbow. Pain. Got to work and had to go get an ass chewing from the big man for some past nonsense. Just a bad day. Nothing broken but I am sore. So you can see why I didn’t push my luck.

Got the bolt out!!!!! Used a bolt extractor and a 4 ft cheater. Finally broke loose. Bolt is trash but I don’t care. I still have to get the shock out of its little home in there. I was so happy to get that out I stopped.

Didn’t want to push my luck. Today was bad. Hit every red light on the way to work. Parked, stepped out of truck and hit the ground. Slipped on black ice and landed on my elbow. Pain. Got to work and had to go get an ass chewing from the big man for some past nonsense. Just a bad day. Nothing broken but I am sore. So you can see why I didn’t push my luck.
I was going to hit “like”, but realized that would be wrong. I’m glad you got the stubborn bolt out. As for the shock, I pulled it out through the bottom with the the links and clevis (?) still attached and then just swapped everything to my upgraded shock.

Back