08 ZX14 vs's 08 Busa on dyno..

There you go, the bikes weren't setup the same in the chassis department so that's your answer. To much arm can make the bike slower...
LOL, thats a first. shorter bikes are faster? :rofl: I had extensions before the swingarm, why was it slower? nevermind

wee

LOL, thats a first. shorter bikes are faster? :rofl: I had extensions before the swingarm, why was it slower? nevermind

wee

I didn't say shorter... :rofl:

It's clear the bikes weren't setup the same so it's not a apples-to-apples comparison... :banghead:

Even with the differences, 1/8-mile is a different game. Take them to the 1/4 or 1-mile and things might be reversed... :beerchug:

I didn't say shorter... :rofl:

It's clear the bikes weren't setup the same so it's not a apples-to-apples comparison... :banghead:

Even with the differences, 1/8-mile is a different game. Take them to the 1/4 or 1-mile and things might be reversed... :beerchug:
ok GB, when the bikes were set up the same, which one was faster?

wee

I don't know the mods or setup so you can split hairs all day if you want... ???

Bring it out to the Texas Mile and see how she runs... ;)
I like racing every weekend, not once a year. btw, im not splitting hairs, you are trying to make my Booza as fast as my ZX14, ive got lots of videos and time slips showing it isnt. my 14 will have a long swingarm on it shortly so as you say "apples to apples" can be judged, as of now with a shorter 14, its 2 tenths faster in a 1/4 mile, it will be more than that in a week or so, if anyone is at Dallas Raceway on the weekends, come by and say Howdy.

wee

I like racing every weekend, not once a year. btw, im not splitting hairs, you are trying to make my Booza as fast as my ZX14, ive got lots of videos and time slips showing it isnt. my 14 will have a long swingarm on it shortly so as you say "apples to apples" can be judged, as of now with a shorter 14, its 2 tenths faster in a 1/4 mile, it will be more than that in a week or so, if anyone is at Dallas Raceway on the weekends, come by and say Howdy.

wee

Congrats! Been saying for years that the bike with the best dyno sheet isn't always the fastest... :thumbsup: To many variables, have fun... :beerchug:

I do think that getting the power to the ground is key for the strip... So why is everyone going for the most power first? For me, I prefer the roll ons with my friends and so far the extra power is working :thumbsup:. I plan on doing the 1/4 mile track in the spring and will have a lot more to learn.

I will be racing in H-Town Dec 5th, can you make it?

wee

I wish I could but have work. If anything I could try for a test-n-tune on Friday but I still don't have an airshifter ordered yet. I need to get a logger ordered also so I can start playing with the ECU... :(

take off that day, lol its Hurricane Alleys biggest event, ill be running the Pro Index 9.0 that evening,

wee

Damn those inertia dynos take a long time to wind down. :whistle:
Good to see an operator that doesn't turn the rear disc blue stopping it :thumbsup:
:beerchug:

take off that day, lol its Hurricane Alleys biggest event, ill be running the Pro Index 9.0 that evening,

wee

Sorry, not burning leave for it. I've got two family vacations this year followed by 2-Texas Mile events and trying to make Loring also. I need all the leave I've got... ;)

Damn those inertia dynos take a long time to wind down. :whistle:
Good to see an operator that doesn't turn the rear disc blue stopping it :thumbsup:
:beerchug:

Yes, they take forever when they don't have a means of slowing the drum via mechanical brake or eddy usage. That's why I asked if Dynojet ever kicked in the software upgrade that allowed the user to config the eddy brake for slowing at the end of the run. From the answer I got, it appears they finally created the code. It was one of the items on a list of turn offs from going with their product at the time.

I usually tune with 6% of load -after step tuning, don't ask me why I just like how the bike feels and pulls when the load is off and during the ride before pay run the customer makes...

One thing you need to look at is the ram air system .. The zx14 seems to have a better ram air system than the busa .. This may be the reason they are so close in the 1/4 even with lower dyno numbers on the zx14 .. My bike on My dyno i set the a/f to 12.6 to 12.7 to get my best ETs and MPH at the track .. If i set them to 13.2 or 13.4 the bike will slow down. .It's true i get higher dyno numbers at 13.2 or 13.4 but at the track i lose 4 or 5 mph set that way . This leads me to believe the ram air system is working pretty darn good on a zx14 ..Guys i'm not saying the zx14 is a better or faster bike than the Busa, im just saying that dyno numbers don't show the hole story .. Something is going on for the two bikes to run allmost the same in a 1/4 mile but have different dyno numbers on the same day same dyno..:beerchug:

Back