Blanca needs HELP..

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
This morning I washed the bike.
As always after a careful drying I start her up and let it idle while putting on my gear to go for a blow dry. Starts up idles fine.

5 minutes or less...put...put..paa...she dies...!
Go out flick her back to life, starts right up.
Minute or so later same thing.

I'm thinking shes just being finicky because it is 50 outside and did want to cooperate. So I put my gear on and go. Runs ok she seems cant really tell.
Make it about 2-3 miles she starts letting me know something aint right.

Stop pull in lot nearby its sputtering have to keep revvin' it to keep her alive.
The gas light goes on, same as normal right at 100 or so miles.
Dont want to get stranded so I start heading home. Its running not 'right' and I can tell she is not happy.
I'm thinking let me eliminate that maybe gas is lower than normal so I stop and fill up.
4 gallons to the same point as usual. Starts right back up.
Heading home still not running right but I give her a little to see if it will sputter when I'm on the throttle. No, runs right up and still feels strong there. Red light 1/4 in front of my house , stop.
Same thing sputters and dies but starts right back up thank God.
At this point and only this time I smelt fuel. Not sure if its the 'prob' or just having just filled up.

So get back home leave her sit and idle and the thing just runs. Now doesnt die or sputter. Let her sit for almost 15 minutes and nothing ?

To answer any questions that may be asked:

Just washed: use shower setting on hose with little pressure, not blasting anything. Did look under seat and there is just a few drops in and around where PC V is mounted .
So I look at it in hand. Not soaked not water drippin out of it but one or two on it. Wipe it off place it back in mount.

Temperature: 50 degrees . Over 30 degrees diff from the day she was tuned.

Other than that most of you know the mods I have done.

My questions or thoughts.
I have read somewhere I'm sure it was here that bikes can sometimes 'lose' their map. Just wake up one day and like any other computer not be right ?
Does this happen ?
I did save map early on in power commander program and was thinking about loading it back into bike to see if it fixes it ? MAYBE

Temperature is around 30 degrees lower than when she was tuned on dyno.
Previous bikes I have had always liked the cold but this is first one I have ever had dyno tuned so I dont know ? MAYBE

With the wash I always makes sure not to just blast it with water only use a gentle shower. I do quickly pass over bars and things cuz they do get dusty.
Again not blastin anything just enough to get her clean. I detailed and owned a biz for 10yrs.
Had enough Bimmers not start on me to learn my lessons about being easy, but Who knows. Again it starts right back up and I bet if I walked out there now the thing would start.

I'm stumped and now afraid to venture farther than I think I can push her because I wont leave it for sure.
Do bikes sometimes just have a bad morning and come round or not ?
I'm leaning obv toward the latter. Things like this dont go away.

I'm thinking also majority of you are gonna say the regulator is it and where Imoved it has is causing this.
If it is no problem. I can put it back in about an hour or so and be the first one to admit after testing it it did not work.
Just dont know how to start eliminating things.

Again started up ran for five minutes then died.
Started back up same thing in a minute or so.
Rode for 2-3 miles started running funny, idle off, burblin.
Stop have to keep throttlin to keep it running.
Filled up, started right up.
1/4 mile from home at light, dies again, starts right up.

at home idling for 15 minutes runs and does not die ?

HELP....

:bowdown:

Also, disconnect PC and run the bike, just to eliminate that. Also. try idling it at home while sitting on the bike. My bet is there is some crud in your tank that isn't blocking the pickup when she is leaned over on her stand....

By checking fuel filter will it be immed apparent something is in there ?

This problem seems to have started toward the end of the tank ?

Disconnect PC Ok I will.

Idle while siting on it, have not tried that ?

Just went out and she started right up and idled with some sputter but did not go out for 10 minutes or so but did not do any of the above.
I will. Let me get serv man and see where fuel filter is as I dont know ?

Is it clear or something. In order to 'check' it I will have to remove it if not obv.
Anything to watch out for or do special when and if I have to remove it ?

Disconnecting PC will alow bike to go back to stock program and will it or should it run fine then possibly ? A little confused on that Mr Brown.

Thanks guys..this sucks. I feel like I got a sick child or something...

:bowdown:

and Takeuon last night the Cuban Dragon did catch me looking at Demmyms Sex Symbol thread and I paid dearly for it...maybe Blanca is a little jealous as well ?

Last edited:
One: I would go back to the stock ECM from the Pc5. Take that out of the loop first. If it still runs bad. Go to step 2.

Two: Take a clear glass jar and get some fuel out of the gas tank. Let it settle. See if water is in the fuel. *(make sure jar is large and clean)* If all looks good got to step 3.

Three: Check all connections to everything....make sure there is no water in any of them!

Four: Pull the coil packs and make sure you didnt get water into the tubes!

Let me know what you find! :rulez:

Last edited:
In order to unplug/remove PC V I need to unplug it from all four injectors and then replace oem connectors in their place,...correct ???

Place who did work for me said same about gas and I did fill up in Clewiston last week before coming back. It was poDunk place. *&^%&*(*^^

I will try to cyphon some gas and let it sit but tank is now full of fresh gas because I just filled it this morning like an idiot.

Most things look fine and I dont see anything unplugged that seems should be plugged in.

Now after the problem this morning and idling in driveway for a while it does not stall.

I am....:please::please::please::please:...that it is some sort of strange fluke water oriented and now had dried or gone.....:please::please::please:...we will have to see.

Family home , Blanca time over for while...:banghead:

Thanks.

I need a moblie motorcycle doctor...:laugh:

Originally Posted by slash
Sorry, your PM has been blocked by slash. This message is returned unred.

Management.:cheerleader:

Uh...Slash ?

One other thing I realized is this is first time I washed bike on both stands . Usually just use rear but today I put it on both so I could give wheels a good cleaning.
Wondering if being level on both stands instead of with front down had something to do with ?

In order to unplug/remove PC V I need to unplug it from all four injectors and then replace oem connectors in their place,...correct ???

Place who did work for me said same about gas and I did fill up in Clewiston last week before coming back. It was poDunk place. *&^%&*(*^^

I will try to cyphon some gas and let it sit but tank is now full of fresh gas because I just filled it this morning like an idiot.

Most things look fine and I dont see anything unplugged that seems should be plugged in.

Now after the problem this morning and idling in driveway for a while it does not stall.

I am....:please::please::please::please:...that it is some sort of strange fluke water oriented and now had dried or gone.....:please::please::please:...we will have to see.

Family home , Blanca time over for while...:banghead:

Thanks.

I need a moblie motorcycle doctor...:laugh:

Sorry I was thinking the AFR tuner that I have on my bike. Unplug AFR tuner and install a back to factory plug. But removing the Pc5 out of the loop, would help you determine what is wrong. But it sounds like a lot of work. I use to have 2 pc3's on my 02 1k. But both went bad! Bike wouldnt run one day. Took them off the bike and back to running. Sent both back each time. Then on the third time, I sold it. Never again will I buy a Pc...what ever!

a little to lighten me up is ok . no offense on the above two taken .
Cheerleaders I can do without !

I power wash my bikes and have never had an issue.....I think it is a PC issue. Solarback had the same type of problem on his 07 at the Bash and after he bypassed the PC, bike ran fine.

Uh...Slash ?

One other thing I realized is this is first time I washed bike on both stands . Usually just use rear but today I put it on both so I could give wheels a good cleaning.
Wondering if being level on both stands instead of with front down had something to do with ?

Thats real possible

My friend's Gixxer did the same thing, turned out to be injectors... We through some Injector cleaner in the tank, swished it around... presto.

Back