You won't believe what just happened!

Thanks again the brakes just need to be bleed because they only work upon depressing the lever many times, at 65mph there is a little shake and vibration, but I suspect thats from the wheel (as you can see in the pic) may be off balance.

Just a little update, Well turns out she did not know how to drive and that the turn signal does actually work. This BULLSHIT would not have happened if she was no where f-cking near me. Sorry just had to vent a little. Just mad that the #### was a lie; don't be on the rode if ya can't drive worth #### :-)

Just a little update, Well turns out she did not know how to drive and that the turn signal does actually work. This BULLSHIT would not have happened if she was no where f-cking near me. Sorry just had to vent a little. Just mad that the #### was a lie; don't be on the rode if ya can't drive worth #### :-)
Did she get a ticket?? HER insurance should be paying that bill

just a little update, I am going to get the brakes bleed, I am getting levers, bar ends, gsxr mirrors next week. Also a perfect 05 hayabusa rim for 175$ tyd this week will be shipped to me. You can't beat that! stator cover coming on friday, gasket should be following that.

Also can't say im happy becuase it turns out I know the Owner of the suburban, but he said I put a 'curse' on him lol because someone rear ended him either last night or this morning.

Man, glad to hear your ok. Accidents suck and im glad you had your gear on. Im a true preacher of safety gear, hence why im a MSF Ridercoach.

Because im a Rider Coach I look at this a little different. You say the only thing you learned from this is to wear your gear. I would also think that you now know not to grab your front brake while leaned over. In emergencys like that you either should have straightend first then used brakes or just used your rear brake to slow.

Im not getting on you about it, but I think we can all learn from it. From what I understand of what your saying, I have been there many times and avoided it by using swerving techniques and good braking techniques.

Again bro, im not flaming you, I just think we can learn from this. If you need any other stuff for the Busa let me know I may have some parts laying around.

Dave (Coach)

Glad your okay. Also glad you had your gear on. I always wear my gear just for that kind of reason. Sorry to hear about the bike. That's a real bummer.
sad.gif

Something I do to avoid the 'Panic Braking Syndrome', is I ride with one (sometimes 2) fingers on the front brake at all times. If I need the brakes, I know where it is, and I tend to pull it with a bit less force to keep the front tire front locking up. Just a though, but do what works for you.

beerchug.gif

Something I do to avoid the 'Panic Braking Syndrome', is I ride with one (sometimes 2) fingers on the front brake at all times.  If I need the brakes, I know where it is, and I tend to pull it with a bit less force to keep the front tire front locking up.  Just a though, but do what works for you.

beerchug.gif
You know i do the same shid read it in an idiots guide to motorcycles and when i took my MSF class teh instructor jumped my ass for it. Said if i crash my fingers are teh bar would get choped off and im thinking if im crashin my hands wont be on the bars

Something I do to avoid the 'Panic Braking Syndrome', is I ride with one (sometimes 2) fingers on the front brake at all times.  If I need the brakes, I know where it is, and I tend to pull it with a bit less force to keep the front tire front locking up.  Just a though, but do what works for you.

beerchug.gif
You know i do the same shid read it in an idiots guide to motorcycles and when i took my MSF class teh instructor jumped my ass for it.  Said if i crash my fingers are teh bar would get choped off and im thinking if im crashin my hands wont be on the bars
Yeah I know most MSF instructors don't like it, but even Kieth Code suggests it to avoid 'grabbing' the front brake too hard in an emergency stop.

I practice emergency stops in a nearby parking lot every few weeks (just not while I'm recovering). That way I know how hard I can pull the brakes before I lockup the wheels. With practice I can do maximum braking without losing control of the bike.

I will be out practicing emergency stops as soon as I can get back out and ride.

AMEN TruWrecks, you cant practice enough. The reason the MSF Coaches get on everyone about covering the brakes on a regular ride is for training reasons. Our natural reacations to something that spooks us is to tense up, or grab the front brake. So in a training situation, like the msf course it is not recommened to cover the front brake. I dont cover the front brake while I ride because I am programmed now from teaching the class to not cover the front brake. I do however cover the front brake when Im in a situation where I know I need to react quickly, like intersections. When the mind is prepared for a quick response then covering the front brake is a good idea. Its when your not prepared and something spooks you on the the street and you grab that front brake.

But like you said, practice is the key, we are all creatures of habit, and if we constantly practice the proper way to quick stops, stopping in curves, low speed manuevers, turning, etc... then when the time arises that we need it we will be prepared.

I am not really blaming her, as I did totally nothing wrong, but just considering it what it was, an accident.
You are a better man than me. I don't know why everyone refers to them as "accidents", when they are actually someone's MISTAKE most of the time. This time it sounds like it was HER mistake- actually a few of them. Glad you are ok man.

sweet thanks for the replies. I have very quick reactions especially when I drive too so I avoid everything else. But now obviously sometimes you can't even be prepared for the unthinkable. But I believe I made the right decision as to what I did because the bike came out with minimal scars, so did I, I did not put a scratched on her. I do know to straighten up when braking, but I deliberately braked then steered away from her to avoid her at all costs.

Almost time to go riding!!!!!!!!

Back