Finally got THAT out of the way!

Spike

Donating Member
Registered
Hey all!

The short story? Busa down. I am ok and the bike is fixable.

The long story?

I am splitting lanes here in California and two car lengths from the front the light turns green. I usually merge when that happens but I was moving about 15-20 mph and decided to just "drive through." I come out between the two front cars about 1/4 way across the intersection and I see a car turning right on red coming from the right.

This is a three lane road (Hazel and Greenback for all you Sacramentans) and I move all the way to the left as I enter the lanes across the intersection. The girl, on her cellphone, turns on red and proceeds to cross all three lanes headed straight for me. I move as far left as possible and start squeezing the brakes. I ended up washing out the front tire and low siding about 1 foot from her bumper. The bike slid about 25 feet and I ate the divider and sliding across the pavement.

The girl was 15, with no license. She was driving her mother's car. The investigating officer was getting the girl's story and he kept looking over at me. He finally walks away from them and says "Hey pilot, come here." I Walk over and he gets my story. He says "are you SURE that light was green?" I said absolutely! He told me the girl was trying to say I ran a red light.
guns.gif

So here's the kicker: The two cars in front that entered the intersection on the green light before me? On the left was a Sheriff's deputy and on the right was a CHP officer. I directed the investigating officer to them and and he went back and read the girl the riot act. Muahahahahaha.

The damage:
Scorpion helmet - rashed, gouged through the exterior
Gloves - worn through in spots.
Joe Rocket 2.0 Perf leather - rashed up pretty good but it held up!
The Busa - well... look for your self.

Left exhaust can

leftjug.jpg

Stator cover / left side

side.jpg

Clutch lever - I was able to ride it home, barely. That clutch lever is just hanging on.

clutch.jpg

Another angle from the side

stator.jpg

All in all it was an exciting time
crazy.gif
I ended up with some rib and hip damage. I am just bruised but dang it's painful.

Moral of the story?

Dare I say it?

deadhorse.gif

GEAR, GEAR, GEAR! It saved my bacon.

One cool thing is while the police were waiting for the ambulance to show up to check me out, three bikes stopped on the side of the road and inquired how I was. They all gave me the whole thumbs up / thumbs down . When I gave them thumbs up they just smiled and rode on. That was very cool.

Glad to hear a somewhat happy ending - hope you and the bike are all better soon and there's no fallout from the bimbo...

Glad your alright... I got some stock cans and midpipes sitting around if you need em... Would part VERY cheap... Might make you a little money if you go for insurance since they will pay you for new ones at the dealer!

At least there is a happy ending.

Yes the bike is damaged but it wasnt a hit and run.
thumb_up.gif

glad to hear you are ok...i have a stock clutch lever...pm me your address if you want it and i'll get it in the mail to you
beerchug.gif

Glad you're okay. That's my worst fear when I'm splitting lanes, women with cellphones in their ear. The only time they take the phone away from the ear is when they're dialing a new number.

Dang! Good to see you came out of it relative unscathed. Take a few alleve, it will help with the coming pain.

Glad you are ok..

wow 15 year old with moms car and I bet she was talking to Mom when she did this no less.... lawyer up... they will

Might want to get an attorney for this one since you have injuries. And it looks like the teenager is willing to lie (and also drive w/no license). Don't go easy - make sure you're compensated for the medical bills, bike, lost time from work, etc. etc.

Good to know that you had a couple LEOs in your favor...
thumb_up.gif

I love being guilty and having to prove everything. One thing I still think is cool, I get pulled over all the time for nothing, and I hear all the Boy stuff and speed racer etc. But when I pull off the helmet and give up my driver's licence their tune changes fast. They don't have a 19 year old kid like they thought but a 52 year old it makes my day when they start back sliding! I guess you got to get your laughs where you can!

beerchug.gif

Thanks for the well wishes folks. The more I look at it the more I think it is time for some Pazzo levers and some aftermarket exhaust. No time like the present!

I keep going over it in my head and trying to figure out how I could have gotten out of it scratch-free. I honestly don't know what I could have done different. If I didn't tighten up the brake to that point I would have rear-ended her. I have no doubt about that. Hmmm, maybe there was nothing I could have done except NOT be there. lol

So a lawyer huh? I'll keep that in mind. Once the police report is available I will have my insurance company look at it and tell me what the outcome was. If they dispute the charges and lie to their insurance company I will unleash hell. I am easy to get along with until you cross me.

About parts. You guys are awesome! Thanks for the offers. I think I am going to go aftermarket though. Pazzo levers, Yosh pipes, maybe a heavy duty stator cover. I can't stand frame sliders, I will resist that to the end. If the cover gets ground through and I hose the motor? Eh, that's what insurance is for. I think I may keep the leathers though. Road tested with character;) hehe

Again,thanks everyone!

Dang! Good to see you came out of it relative unscathed. Take a few alleve, it will help with the coming pain.
When my wife laid down her ninja she got some Vicodin. Those are helping a lot.

I can't believe how much a body can hurt and not have anything broken.

OUCH!
face7.gif

Back