Ticketed first day out....

vulgar2

Registered
Man...just got my bike all back together after doing a few winter mods. Weather was great today in N. IL. so took the bike into work. Coming home late, it's dark, one car ahead of me. Speed limit was 55. So I decide to pass (pretty fast I guess) in a no-passing zone, which happen to be at a intersection. Really no big deal, it was the middle of no where. Keep on the throttle for a while, car is out of sight. Come to a red light.....it won't turn green....bike wouldn't set off the sensor. Next thing I know there is cherrys coming from behind and from the left. I get off the bike (of course) and the cop says "Man, you know I can arrest you right now?!?" I really wanted to say "For what? Being Awesome?" But instead I was polite. Walked away with 3 tickets. Driving in the left lane. Improper passing. Improper passing at an intersection. Man what a way to start off the season.......

Same thing happened to me last week.. My first day out for 2010 and I got stopped by a State Policeman. The ticket says he 'paced' me. He said it took him 10 miles to catch me and I had to have been doing at least 110MPH.. :moon: :laugh: The only thing I know is he pulled me over.. I got 80 in a 55, and illegal lane change. Traffic court on 4/21 for me. I felt the same way what a start off to the season. Good luck fighting it...

Last edited:
That sucks man, never passed through an intersection but I have on a double yellow I can feel your pain. Its surpising he didn't tell you your speed though thats usually the first thing I hear. :whistle:

is it just me...or do all 3 of those offenses sound like 1?

edit:....why not fight it down to Improperly driving in the left lane at an intersection:laugh:

...that would be "Awesome":thumbsup:

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong....I'm gonna get it reduced! I don't think he had me clocked... It was probably my screaming short pipes I installed that drew his attention. He actually broke out a book or "cop manual" in his car to look up what kind of tickets he could give me! But I guess either way I was lucky I didn't get a reckless and a huge speeder. Just sucks it gonna cost me probably what a nice set of tires would... He was most likely just jealous of what a badass bike I have:laugh:

Last edited:
There were a lot of bikes out today in the first really warm day of the year so far. There were also a LOT of police. I saw 2 motorcycle units driving back and forth down a street nearby writing tickets on people coming from the opposite direction. I had to go back to work and decided I didn't want to go thru that speedtrap, so take an alternate route - only to cross paths with three county sheriff's in a row! I'm just lucky i wasn't breaking the limit on any of those occassions!

not my first ticket, but a few months ago I was at the traffic lights and when they went green i accelerated hard to 110, never checked my mirrors but a police patrol was right behind me at the lights!

caught me at the next lights, showed me the footage he captured too, but was a good chap, bike should have been impounded and me locked up for 24hours, but he let me go with a 50$ ticket and a lil advice against speeding.

should check my mirrors more often.

not my first ticket, but a few months ago I was at the traffic lights and when they went green i accelerated hard to 110, never checked my mirrors but a police patrol was right behind me at the lights!

caught me at the next lights, showed me the footage he captured too, but was a good chap, bike should have been impounded and me locked up for 24hours, but he let me go with a 50$ ticket and a lil advice against speeding.

lol... you should have asked him for a copy of the video so you could post it on youtube :)

:rofl:

Dude, I got a speeding ticket for 60 in a 55. I was just going to the bike shop to check on my 08. I thought that I would take my 02 out for one more ride...State Patrol was really bored.

Another reason to ride year round .. there is no first day out! Of course now that the roads are starting to get clean, the pace is picking up :)

:spank::duh: Rule number 1, never EVER get on it hard without checking your six first, you should know that noobie.

Back