What's the worst close call you've ever had?

ex-girlfriend called about a month after we broke up & told me she was 2 months late...called me back a few weeks later to tell me it was apparently due to stress and changing the type of b/c...was scarier than all my bike related stuff combined:whistle:

I was coming around a tight right hand corner about +5 over the posted limit and a Dodge pulling a 25-30 ft horse trailer came slightly over the center line as it entered the corner. The trailer came way over the line. I was within a few inches of side-swiping the trailer axles. I felt the rush of air by my left hand. I was riding with MJN, so I didn't have time to stop and change my shorts for a few more miles.

Had a close call several years ago in Houston on my old TL1000R. Traffic was heavy but still moving at 65. I was leaving plenty of follow room with the car in front of me because I just don't trust cagers....just don't. The car in front of my ran over a whole tire and flipped it up at my head. I pulled a Neo/Matrix move off the right side of my bike and came back up without slowing down. I wasn't sure how close the tire had come to me or the bike, but I felt like something wasn't right for the rest of the ride home. When I got home I realized that my left rearview was missing....A WHOLE TIRE!!! How does that fall off a car? I saw the car it came off of a little way down the road with 4 wheels and 3 tires....oh, well, I am still here and riding a Busa now.

Back