Yoshimura 4-2-1 Header + GSXR1000 Stock Ti Muffler

InfiniteReality

Registered
Figured I'd post what my exhaust sounds like since it's not the norm around here. I've ran this same setup on my Gen1 and Gen2, just love the looks and sound.

And if you wanted to compare it to an open header. Makes me wish I could fit an electric cutout on the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice! Where did you source the parts from?

I originally bought a full 4-2-1 Yoshimura exhaust with carbon can. Bought the 1K pipe used off ebay and had muffler shop weld an extension on it so it slips on/off just like the Yoshi can.

The videos I rev'd the bike to about 7k.

Before I powdercoated some stuff, I trimmed the passenger left peg muffler bolt hole off and sanded it smooth. :)

I noticed the 1K muffler when u posted pics a while ago. Looks real nice on there.

If anyone is interested I have a brand spankin new OEM muffler off my 2013 GSXR-1000 in showroom condition,already boxed up and ready to ship:thumbsup:

What does the '13 1K looks like? Are they more "swooping" style?

It looks basic compared to the K5/6 muffler you have,its a little bit lighter as well. The most "swoopy" would be the K9. Yours looks perfect for the bike

2013-suzuki-gsx-r1000-one-million-special-edition-01.jpg

suzuki_gsx-r1000-2009-cb.jpg

As for electric cut out. In my head it seems right but get the 4-2-2 header and put the electric cutout in the left side then have muffler on right.

Thanks for the info. I'd love to see how the K9 muffler would look a 2nd gen busa. It looks like it'd flow pretty decent with the curves of the bike.

I think a 4-2-2 header would possibly work. I don't think it'd be quite as loud since only half the exhaust will still go through the muffler. Not totally sure how it'd look on left side either. I may get some dimensions from a QTP cutout and see what sort of size they are. It'll be a tight fit and not sure if you turned the cutout toward center of bike if it'll have room. Got me thinking...

Back