Yoshimura installed on stock headers

Pine

Registered
In South Africa we are now in the rediculous situation that a full Yoshimura 4-1 system now cost $1700 which is simply rediculous.

After hunting around I found an exhaust shop that modifies the stock header and mates it with a Yoshimura exhaust, The cat is removed a new pipe is made up and connected to the exhaust and there you are a full 4-1 Yoshimura exhaust for $650.

What the gain in horsepower is I don't know but it goes like clappers.
It was a bit too loud for my liking and had the TRS insert installed. Now the Busa sounds better and a bit quieter. However when opening up it still sounds like a wild demon simply love it.

Not sure how my hearing is going to hold out regardless of now having to wear ear plugs.

Pine

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

Last edited:
What the deuce is that hexagon shaped thingy on your muffler mount?

Hey, looks good sir and if it 'goes like clappers' too..... all the better!:beerchug:

Last edited:
What the deuce is that hexagon shaped thingy on your muffler mount?

Hey, looks good sir and if it 'goes like clappers' too..... all the better!:beerchug:

That's our licence disc....:whistle:

We lost our war of independence against the English so we have had to copy them.

Pine

licence.jpg

That's our licence disc....:whistle:

We lost our war of independence against the English so we have had to copy them.

Pine

I think.... another war might be in order!:rofl:

Just kidding, never saw one of those before....
I see that you have a license plate as well, is the 'license disk' evidence of a personal drivers license?

Nice pics and nice Busa by the way!

I think.... another war might be in order!:rofl:

Just kidding, never saw one of those before....
I see that you have a license plate as well, is the 'license disk' evidence of a personal drivers license?

Nice pics and nice Busa by the way!

No it only states that the bike is roadworthy and that its licence fee has been paid up to the date on the disc.

Thanks for positive comments.???

Pine

Last edited:
Back