Supporting front end without forks and triple tree

jcornwell101

Registered
When I install the Hyperpro street box ones it comes I would like to replaced the steering head bearings while everything is open.
What is the best way to do this, in my search I have seen use a block of wood under the header or in back of the drain plug.
I have done it this way for years with a rear stand/center stand and a mechanical bottle jack I have.

Would the header hold up to the weight? I don't have a stock exhaust, the bike came with a full yoshimura 4-2-1 exhaust.

Can you get a steel bar about 3' long?
Run that under the header pipes where they exit the head, and set the bar ends down on 2 jackstands, I have done that before sucessfully.
I replaced the steering head bearings in my '03 Gsxr1k a few months ago(same as the Busa).
Whenever I do these bearings I end up doing them a different way.
This time, I had the front on a forklift stand, lifted under the lower triple clamp, pulled the fork tubes, then lowered the front of the bike on to a jackstand.
It may look a little sketchy, lol, but it was rock solid and too easy to do.

20230924_210527.jpg

20230924_204950.jpg

20230924_231309.jpg

Can you get a steel bar about 3' long?
Run that under the header pipes where they exit the head, and set the bar ends down on 2 jackstands, I have done that before sucessfully.
I replaced the steering head bearings in my '03 Gsxr1k a few months ago(same as the Busa).
Whenever I do these bearings I end up doing them a different way.
This time, I had the front on a forklift stand, lifted under the lower triple clamp, pulled the fork tubes, then lowered the front of the bike on to a jackstand.
It may look a little sketchy, lol, but it was rock solid and too easy to do.

View attachment 1673041

View attachment 1673042

View attachment 1673043
Hi. It looks rock steady to me too.

I got a cheap Harbor Freight engine hoist that folds up and use it to pulled engines, iron head's, Seadoo motors. This past Summer I used it to lift the B King front end off the ground to replace the front tire. Here shortly I'm going to used it to drop the front forks for new seals.

I got a big gas water heater that's on it's last leg and will use it to pick it up off it's stand cause the drain valve is inoperable when she fails.

Do you guys remember when car's had real bumpers, works on those too LOL.

Good idea RacingJake!

Regarding your water heater, if you're going to throw it away anyway you could drill through the valve or anywhere in the tank until you hit water. It might be messy but it'll definitely be lighter.

Good idea RacingJake!

Regarding your water heater, if you're going to throw it away anyway you could drill through the valve or anywhere in the tank until you hit water. It might be messy but it'll definitely be lighter.
I guess I could breakout BMG 50 cal on it but I don't think the neighbors or Police would appreciate that lol.
My son drove past a water heater laying on the side of the road for over a week and decided to picked it up and got 35 bucks for it, so will see.

I guess I could breakout BMG 50 cal on it but I don't think the neighbors or Police would appreciate that lol.
My son drove past a water heater laying on the side of the road for over a week and decided to picked it up and got 35 bucks for it, so will see.
If you can, roll it on your lawn and put a pick ax through it.....you can water your lawn at the same time...

Back