4 into 2 Vance and Hines header with sic dog slip-ons

angry-bird

Registered
Has anybody tried this. Im thinking about doing it but i dont know how it will run. Or if it will make power. Im not sure if the mufflers will fit the header and will the mufflers fit the bike and land in the right spot with the v/h header. I will have it dyno tuned if it fits the header and the bike. Sic dog are made for stock header but i dont like that muffled sound with the cat. I wounder if i cut the cat of and had some pipes made up if it would make power. I dont like the big muffler look and i dont want to spend over $700. The bike is a 2011 busa. Thanks ...........mike

08 14 Suzuki Hayabusa Mini Slash Exhaust Moto GP Stubby 2008 2014 Chrome | eBay

08 12 Hayabusa SIC Dog Megaphone Fatty Stubby Chrome Custom Exhaust Stealth | eBay

Vance Hines Performance Head Pipes 2011 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa | eBay

You would need to dyno tune it to make more power with the header.
Cutting off the converter and using those tips and dyno tuning would work good too.
Either way will likely make similar numbers(tuned).
Either way would run ok unturned also, just not at it's potential.
Assuming you have a great dyno tune with any exhaust, you can only expect so much.
Larger header tubes aren't always the answer either. Sometimes you need cams, or at least the a/f tune to get the most out of what they can offer.
Ballpark numbers on most exhaust are up to 10 hp and 5 ft lbs of torque, give or take.
The power curve will vary some depending on exhaust as well.
Bottom line is; Get the exhaust that YOU like the looks and sound of.
Get a good dyno tune. The tune is not about numbers on paper either, it's about throttle response, useable power throughout the rpm range, and overall, and a well performing bike.
Yes you can get technical and use a specific pipe for better midrange or high rpm hp. But unless you are a very serious drag or land speed guy, who cares about a couple hp that you'll never feel.
Have it tuned with Ecu Editor and remove the lower timing restrictions/top speed limiter, and STP opening rates. That's something useable that you'll notice:beerchug:

I have a good exhaust fab guy and ryan schnitz is the dyno guy. So im in good hands I just dont want to go backwards. If I can hit 180hp and keep my stock header I would be happy. And that would leave alot of money for nos if I need more hp than 180.

Talk to Schnitz, but I would say that a stock header without the cat should make 180whp with a good tune.
The mufflers may change the hp numbers slightly, as those are just tips and offer little to no back pressure at all.
He is the man to ask though.
Remember too that 2 identical bikes won't nesacerrily make the exact same numbers, and that numbers are just a reference.
How it performs it what really matters. I'de much rather have great running 175whp bike than some crap tune that did nothing, other than some guy making the dyno read the number you ask for(not reffering to Schnitz either).
You also cannot and will not ever have enough hp, just can't be done:laugh:
Nitros eats engines too, no matter how good of a setup. Burns hotter, spins faster, goes boom quicker.
It requires deep pockets. Better to save for a turbo or even a supercharger, unless you're just a diehard nitros guy.
A +3 rear sprocket is always great for more noticeable get up and go, and loses roughly 10mph/ish off the top end.

I sent ryan a email about the v/h set up. I was woundering about the back pressure and making power. I put alot of money into a vmax and dident get much hp gains but it ran perfect so i no what you mean about a nice running bike. I just dont want to put to much out of pocket with not much gain of hp. I dont like the bigger muffler look I wish i could find a small muffler that had some back pressure. I see sic dog offers a double lined baffle maybe i should go that way. I hate this part of planning. I had it all figured out and than i took the mufflers off and said i like that look alot better. I was gonna go muzzy exhaust and dyno tune electric shifter that would shift on its own at set rpm and stretch it 2 to 3 inch's. my biggest problem is all kinds of differnt ridding in may i will be taking 3 laps on michigan international speedway. I did this on a vmax and hit 130mph and im hoping to do alot better on a busa. than in june i will be riding tha west virginia mountians and pa mountains. I also like to drag race one or two times a month. and i like going on 1 to 2 day weekend rides in michigan indiana ohio. The more i write im woundering if i should just leave the stock head pipe with cat and just through the sic dogs on and mail ryan my ecu and he can reflash and open the restriction's and live with the muffled sound. Put some new tires on it and a small luggage rack for a soft side bag and call it good for this year.

Back