Yoshimura 4-2-1-2 with help from Vance & Hines

Gardzilla

Registered
I love the look of the R-77 slip ons and I really like the look of the dual cans. I emailed Yoshimura to see if they had any plans on making a full dual system and was told "Unfortunately there are no plans at this time to make a dual full system. ".

Then I came across the Vance and Hines Performance Headers for the '08-'09 Hayabusa (also available for '99-'07):
Vance & Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems

I emailed Vance and Hines to see if these headers would work with Yosh Slip-ons and was told:
"Yes, our headers will work with any mufflers that will work with the stock head pipe".

I am still trying to find out how much weight I can save by switching to the Vance and Hines headers. The slip-ons (according to Yosh give a weight savings of 14.8lbs).

When I find out I'll update this post.

VanceandHinesPerformance.jpg

I wonder if it would help any to use the header with modified stock cans? It is a direct replacement for the stock set right? So the original cans will fit?

Yes - Vance and Hines told me that OEM cans or any aftermarket slip-ons will work with their Perfomance Headers.

Now if I could only get my hands on these slipons the world would be perfect and the bike would scream.

180-509-5H-0_con.gif

Agreed! Get the full system...loose the weight! Gain the Power!!! Enjoy the sound!!!!!!!:race::rulez:

I think that he does want a full system. He wants the r-77 in a full system but with both cans instead of single thats why he wants to use the yosh cans and the vance headers becuase it is a duel exhuast header.

I think that he does want a full system. He wants the r-77 in a full system but with both cans instead of single thats why he wants to use the yosh cans and the vance headers becuase it is a duel exhuast header.

Exactly! From my first post: "I love the look of the R-77 slip ons and I really like the look of the dual cans."

It's a personal preference thing. I'd like to lose weight, pick up some power gains and keep the look of the dual silencers. Yoshimura's R-77 is one of my favorites. With the Vance and Hines Performance Headers I can have a dual full system using the R-77 slip-ons.

Test_Eng if you get in touch with Yosh USA and give them the model number of the slip-ons you want they can get them for you.

Last edited:
That's great! Now a lot of guys who like the dual look, and already have slip ons, can get a dual header and create a full system upgrade.

That's basically what I did to my gen 1

I would like to see the headers all by themselves. I want to see how they connected the two sides. Either a cross pipe or an X pipe had to have been used.

If you go this route, take some pics of the header and post here before installing plz.

Last edited:
Wish they would wake up from the Flowmaster days. An X-pattern crossover would make better power and keep the the sound true to form.

Nothing like adding a thump to your roar!

I agree. The dual cans make the busa distinctive. If you drop the dual cans, it looks like any other sport bike. Other than the sidewinder style of exhaust, I dont like single on any Busa. I love the Yosh stuff and would love to find a way to get a header and pipes out of it.

No response on my enquiry as to how much these headers weigh. I'll give them a call this week if I don't get an email response soon.

:thumbsup: OK I am definitely watching this thread. I want the r-77 full but this would be better. Will it have the O2 bung and will you need a power commander.???

I found a site that is taking pre-orders and says they will be available June 2009.

Here's the latest email I received about availabilty:

Hi George,

This system is not yet available as it is still in production.
Unfortunately, there are no ship dates in our system at this time.

In order to purchase, it is best to contact your local dealer.
Here at the factory, we only sell to dealers.

--
Regards,

Scott Takata
Technical Support

Tel: 562.921.7461
Tel: 800.592.2529
Fax: 562.802.0110

stakata@vanceandhines.com
Vance & Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems
13861 Rosecrans Ave. Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Back