Worth switching to single exhaust?

I do like the look of the brocks but can't justify the price just to change the look. Ill keep a lookout for used

weight saving alone = worth it

my 2010 model 4:1 akro + carbon wheels, no steering damper , brembo
weight empty tank 508 lbs tank full 540 lbs stock busa is 586 lbs

side view.jpg

Last edited:
Per what I have learn... Double (more torque low end) Single(less torque low end) But you really won't feel the difference. Also it look cleaner with a single exhaust. But also depends if is a full exhaust or a slip on

I went from a Vance and Hines dual header and r77 dual cans to a full r77 (single system) and can’t tell a difference other than it looks better with my gsxr tail conversion.

Currently I use in my Busa the R77 dual slipon
The R77 dual slip ons fit without modification with Vance and Hines dual header?
I am interested in making a complete system with dual slipon

*sorry for my poor English

Currently I use in my Busa the R77 dual slipon
The R77 dual slip ons fit without modification with Vance and Hines dual header?
I am interested in making a complete system with dual slipon

*sorry for my poor English

Yes they fit. That's the benefit of running a Vance and Hines header. You can use your existing slip ons. I'll be running the same setup at some point.

The dual can header setup looks better to me and usually sounds better.
I’d keep what you have unless you want a loud ass bike with a Brock’s setup.
I have a Brock’s alien setup and it is loud all the time but mine does have some miles on it.
Your dual will have a deeper sound vs a Brock’s higher sound.
A deeper sound always sound better to me

I run a Brocks Titanium CT meg , and last time it was dyno'd ( 38 degrees Celsius ) it made 183 bhp and 105 ft lb . The dyno readout stated 35 Celsius . Not the best day regardless , reckon the room was hot as hell . The power spread hit 180 bhp at around 9,500 rpm and was still over 180 bhp at 11,200 rpm . The torque hit 100 ft lb from 6,000 rpm and stayed above 100 till 9,500 rpm , then tapered off to 85 ft lb by 11,200 rpm . I run a PC5 , fitted same time I fitted up the pipe . Have an auto tune , but have never hooked it up , and never will . I am buying a Woolich Racing Editor to re flash the ECU , just so I know whats really going on . The sound of this pipe is leaning on the loud side , the weight is very good , took close to 18kg off the bike on paper specs , we got 3.9kg even with their supplied steel bracket , but with titanium fasteners replacing steel . This is possibly the lightest true street exhaust , at least readily available in the US . The Brocks pipe comes with a Brocks map . When you blip the throttle on the down change braking from speed , the noise is something else , loud , sharp and crisp . If weight isn't a concern , then this pipe might not be necessary , the steel variant is also producing similarView attachment 1579433 figures , I believe . Here is a pic of the stout Ti CT Meg .
Damn TOAD! I cant get enough of your bike.

I personally liked the GP styling of the Brocks Alien Head, and how it matched a lot of the newer GSXR pipes but I couldn't justify taking the full yosh off to change to the brocks. I cut down my Yosh carbon pipe and removed the intermediate pipe and put the short can right off the header.
Aesthetically it looks similar to the brocks, sound wise I love it.
Please excuse the tail as I have pulled it apart to wire in the swingarm LED's and plate lights.

busa.jpg

Back