Is the Brock's Alienhead Exhaust Really Loud?

ez install, Brock sends u everything u need, even gasket sealer where the pipes go together. u can do it, fit is the best I've dealt with. Brian
here's a pick since u have a white bike also,
2010-07-09162604.jpg

After that pic my mind is made! Thanks for the input everyone.
:beerchug:

Also did you need to get the O2 Sensor Block Off Plug when you installed? I thought I read somewhere you need to install that as well.

Last edited:
After that pic my mind is made! Thanks for the input everyone.
:beerchug:

Also did you need to get the O2 Sensor Block Off Plug when you installed? I thought I read somewhere you need to install that as well.

mine came with the bung welded in place but not drilled out, i'm assuming they all do and if you are going to plug in a sensor you have to drill it out, without boogering up the threads...or use a cutting torch :beerchug:

i was in the same boat as u a little while back trying to decide if the alienhead would be too loud for me. I ended up going with the street megaphone instead and i love it, makes the bike run much much better too. Part of me kind of wishes i would have still got the alienhead, the streetmeg has a pretty good sound to it and is fairly loud when u nail it, but i do wish it was a tad louder sometimes. Still very happy with it so far

try pulling the baffle? my bro just put the streetmeg on his zx14, and pulled the baffle, haven't quite started her up yet, it will be interesting...

i was in the same boat as u a little while back trying to decide if the alienhead would be too loud for me. I ended up going with the street megaphone instead and i love it, makes the bike run much much better too. Part of me kind of wishes i would have still got the alienhead, the streetmeg has a pretty good sound to it and is fairly loud when u nail it, but i do wish it was a tad louder sometimes. Still very happy with it so far

Pull the baffle out, if it is too loud for you then take the wrapping off of the baffle and reinstall the baffle without the packing. That is how I have my Shortmeg and I love it. Its still loud but not obnoxious!

For me I have a love/hate relationship with my Brocks AH. When I start it up I absolutely love the sound at idle, and revving just sounds purely amazing. When I ride without my helmet the sound is very tolerable. Riding with the helmet the sound is slightly more annoying (I have no clue why) However when riding with the helmet with the visor up the exhaust sounds flat out annoying, and believe me it doesn't go away. I'm 23 years old, and I have noticed my hearing has gone down slightly in my right ear. And I have only had the exhaust for a few months, I'm contemplating selling it and putting my yoshis on. The nasty exhaust note is not worth the hearing loss. Or maybe I will just ride with ear plugs

my streetmeg is just about the right tone. Tried to pull the baffle twice, and man that thing is in there!! Brocks ijnstructions say to beat the baffle out with a 2.5" pipe or bat (same size as the inner diameter of the pipe-opposite the baffle). I didn't have a metal pipe, but found a plastic shop vac extension that was nice and snug, tried shoving it in the pipe and beating it on the ground and the baffle didn't budge. Ended up giving up on it bc i was worried i would mess it up. Actually got the tube stuck in the pipe a few times and think i slightly bent the collar of the pipe that slips over the mid pipe, bc it leaked afterwards and i had to silicone it. And before anyone asks, yes i had the screw out of the end of the pipe:rofl:

i would like to try it without baffle, but if i have to beat the snot out of the pipe to get it out i will leave it be. Already almost messed it up once

yes....its LOUD. at the track its perfect. on the street, its worse with a helmet on, i wear earplugs if im riding on the highway. seems like its pointed right into your right ear. if you do a lot of street miles, its not the best way, the street meg would be way better.

Dude, it's not that bad, the sound is killer, calm at idle, calm at low rpm cruise, pretty wicked when you wrap her up. The people saying AH ITS TOO LOUD!!!!!!!!! are most likely about to apply for social security benefits and start wearing depends. :poke: It's loud when you want it to be. My brother and I just cranked up his zx14 without the baffle in his streetmeg today... without going above 4k rpm, I have a feeling that is going to be what one might consider to be pretty dang loud. :laugh:

Well I do a lot of highway miles commuting back and forth to work. I'm wondering if the Street Megaphone exhaust instead. Does anyone have any experience with this setup?

Think it's loud now~?~ Wait till you break it in good after 9000 miles... :laugh:

They sell a plug for it if it gets too loud for you for $100

Last edited:
Dude, it's not that bad, the sound is killer, calm at idle, calm at low rpm cruise, pretty wicked when you wrap her up. The people saying AH ITS TOO LOUD!!!!!!!!! are most likely about to apply for social security benefits and start wearing depends. :poke: It's loud when you want it to be. My brother and I just cranked up his zx14 without the baffle in his streetmeg today... without going above 4k rpm, I have a feeling that is going to be what one might consider to be pretty dang loud. :laugh:

Agree with all except for the FOG slam ???
I've got the ShortMeg and at the old age of 53 I still think it's "just loud enough". Under 4g it's mellow as can be and doesn't draw any attention at all but most importantly to me, it's quieter than the wind noise in my Shoei when criusing at speeds up to 80 or so. I tried the $100 plug on a trip to Nashville and took it out there and haven't used it since-just not needed. But be careful where you do unleash it because when you do it will draw attention- good and bad. Might not be a good pipe if you do alot of city riding with a heavy throttle hand.
And as far as pulling the baffle goes, I've gotta show my age now. I've heard enough open Kerkers "back in the day" and thousands of milwaukees' finest since to firmly believe that open pipes have NO place on the street. :rulez:

BigD814, i think u would be very happy with the normal street meg. I just installed mine a few weeks ago and love it so far. It has a pretty good sound to it, very reasonable at low rpm's and cruising, crack it open and it's actually fairly loud. Not at all obnoxious, but i think sounds great. Of course i haven't heard an ah in person, so not sure how the sound levels compare. Spoke with ej@brocks when i was getting ready to order the ah, told him it might be a little loud for my taste, and he suggested the streetmeg (which is also the same pipe he runs on his 08 busa), and i am very happy with it. I think it looks a little better too

There's a new chrome Alienhead in the classifieds for $600! That's a steal, if it where black. it'd be mine!

Agree with all except for the FOG slam ???
I've got the ShortMeg and at the old age of 53 I still think it's "just loud enough". Under 4g it's mellow as can be and doesn't draw any attention at all but most importantly to me, it's quieter than the wind noise in my Shoei when criusing at speeds up to 80 or so. I tried the $100 plug on a trip to Nashville and took it out there and haven't used it since-just not needed. But be careful where you do unleash it because when you do it will draw attention- good and bad. Might not be a good pipe if you do alot of city riding with a heavy throttle hand.
And as far as pulling the baffle goes, I've gotta show my age now. I've heard enough open Kerkers "back in the day" and thousands of milwaukees' finest since to firmly believe that open pipes have NO place on the street. :rulez:

:lol: just giving a hard time. We started up the 14 yesterday without the baffle... very bad idea for the street, heck, i can tell just at idle that it is unreasonable and should be track only. your definately not showing age there. you could call that just being considerate of others. It sounds so awesome just reving between 0-4k rpm though. Sorry if I seriously offended anyone with the age comment. :beerchug:

:lol: just giving a hard time. We started up the 14 yesterday without the baffle... very bad idea for the street, heck, i can tell just at idle that it is unreasonable and should be track only. your definately not showing age there. you could call that just being considerate of others. It sounds so awesome just reving between 0-4k rpm though. Sorry if I seriously offended anyone with the age comment. :beerchug:

Not offended in the least! It's all good. :beerchug:

Back