alienhead, how loud is it compared to yosh

hemi

Registered
hopefully my last question about the alienhead before purchasing. Runnin dual r77 yosh slip-ons right now, is the alienhead much, much, much more loud than the yosh pipes? I always love loud pipes, but not obnoxiously loud, like a lot of harleys. If it's loud but with a good tone to it, then i would probably love it. Can't stand obnoxiously loud pipes with high pitched/cackling type sound to them

i have the ah, never had yosh but i can tell you the alien head is a pretty loud pipe. with it pointing out the back anyways, its not bad at all, long as your in the cockpit :laugh: it has more of a lower pitch rumble instead of that high pitch whiny scream that some have. i love loud pipes, i hate obnoxious crappy sounding pipes...you'll like the ah:beerchug:

read somewhere the yosh r77 was a little over 100 decibels, and the ah is 108, quite a bit louder but i imagine it wouldn't be ear-deafening louder than the yosh

yeah, watched plenty of youtube vids on the alienhead. I never think the video clips give the pipes justice though, they sound so much better in person. Never actually heard a busa with brocks in person, mostly just yosh

I have the R-77 duals and love the sound. Never tried the ah, I just don't quite care for the short pipe.

Has any tried with a passenger? Wonder how they are making out back there. lol

Last edited:
Just put a Alien Head exhaust on my 09. Sounds great and not to loud. My buddy aslo runs one but without the packing. It's loud, but not Harley loud in my opinion.

He rides 2 up at times, his wife can still hear. LOL

Jet

I dont know about the Yosh, but I recorded the dB on my AH this weekend at the track. From the rear at 1 metre behind the bike. At idle: 101 dB, at 4,000 rpm: 112 dB. :laugh:

AH IS LOUD!!!! Some people are just used to loud exhaust and some people like me (who never really cared for sound since performance is my number one option) it is loud as heck. No doubt you might get pulled over for being to loud, at least here in MI you do. My wife rides all the time with me and no problems at all, just have to be geared up right (i.e riding boots, pants etc etc). All in all BROCKS ALIENHEAD IS LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited by a moderator:
talked to ej at brocks today, was just about to order it but then started thinking it might be a bit loud for me. Didn't realize it was their loudest system. He suggested the street megaphone, said it has a great sound but not as loud as the ah. Man i can't make up my mind period. I don't mind loud pipe's, but i don't want something so loud it might get me pulled over, or if i'm cruisin down the freeway for a few hours at 80-90 mph it's giving me a headache being too loud

talked to ej at brocks today, was just about to order it but then started thinking it might be a bit loud for me.

I had a hunch you were going to feel this way. Have you heard the TSUKIGIs?

u know me too well lol. No, haven't heard the tsukigis, just wanted to go with brocks bc of all the great things i hear about them, making great power, and their excellent customer service. I was all dead set to get the ah, but just worried i wouldn't be happy after the install and think it's too loud. Might as well wait until i am completely ready and have no doubts

i really think the street meg might be just what i am looking for though. Currently i'm runnin yosh r77 slip ons and think they sound pretty good, nice and deep. But i want something a decent amount louder (but not way louder) than my yosh slip ons, plus the added benefits of a full system

i really think the street meg might be just what i am looking for though.

GIT R DONE, man! :thumbsup:
P.S. FWIW, I made the choice to sacrifice the gains power/performance of a full system because I wanted the DUAL look...which is why I am keeping the YOSH TRC CF s/o that came with my bike (good thing they also sound nice enough for me)

I came from having a full yoshi exhaust, to the alienhead.

Yoshi sounds sexy.

Alien head sounds flat out sick drag racing type exhaust :bowdown:

that's why i originally got my dual yosh slip ons. Then a few weeks later saw a few posts about people installing brocks and how great the bike ran afterwards, then of course started doing research on it, and now have to have one!! I think it sounds pretty decent now, the main reason i want to go brocks full system is for some extra power, better throttle response (basically better performing overall), weight reduction, and i would love to have a bit more sound. The slip ons sound good at low speeds, but while getting on it or cruising down the freeway i can hardly hear them

i promise, my next post about brocks exhaust will be that it's finally on the way!!! I've had the slip ons for about a year now and just want something better

Can only speak for my ShortMeg but I don't feel it's too loud. Just loud enough:laugh:. Not bad at all till ya rap on it-then it sings a tune! All my harley buds compliment it ,fwiw. It will attract attention-good and bad so use your head. If you want to tear azz around town you wont last long but if ya ride somewhat normal it's not loud at all. And up to 75mph, the wind noise in my Shoei is as loud if not louder than the pipe. Tried their noise reducer on a trip to Nashville and took it out there and haven't used it since-not really necessary IMHO.
Oh, I've got a PCusb with Brocks' Street Map on it I'll let go for $200 plus shipping if you're interested lmk.

Back