From stock, to R-77, to Alienhead, now back to R-77...

SCBQQSTN

Registered
You read right, I took the brock alienhead 4-1 off of my bike. Why would you ask? I now have hearing loss in my right ear that I am pretty pissed off about (I'm only 23 years old). I know my hearing was fine before I had that exhaust put on... It's a good thing I did not sell my full yoshi exhaust :laugh: Don't get me wrong, the alienhead sounds like pure sex, I love the sound but it's too loud..

If anyone wants a full 4-1 Brocks Alienhead with less than 2k miles on it pm me, it's for sale!

I always ride with earplugs... Yet again I have the Yoshi slipons... My buddy has an alien head and it sounds like a ferrari in the highway... :poke:

DID YOU HAPPEN TO DYNO WITH EITHER OF THE PIPES?

IS THE BROCK STILL FOR SALE?:please:
I HAVE A YOSH,BUT WOULD REALLY PREFER TO PUT THE BEST ON THIS BIKE..:kissass::thumbsup:

I can't find the article but the most damaging noise on a bike is the wind because it's constant (more or less) and it hits at a frequency that the ears are very sensitive too. And like people said most of the noise is on the people behind you.

All that being said, I personally don't like loud pipes. I think it's pretty stupid to cause a huge racket going 20 mph. JUst says "I'm insecure, look at me!" :whistle:

I can't find the article but the most damaging noise on a bike is the wind

Certainly true in the case of the R77 slipons that I have. Once you get over 50mph you can't hear then over the noise.

All that being said, I personally don't like loud pipes. I think it's pretty stupid to cause a huge racket going 20 mph. Just says "I'm insecure, look at me!" :whistle:

Define "loud" pipes. All relative it seems to me. Pipes like Brocks don't sound good to my ear, almost like having nothing at all. But I think straight through pipes on a Harley sound great. Anyway, most people would say that anyone riding the fastest production bike made is insecure and wants everyone to look at them.

Last edited:
You read right, I took the brock alienhead 4-1 off of my bike. Why would you ask? I now have hearing loss in my right ear that I am pretty pissed off about (I'm only 23 years old). I know my hearing was fine before I had that exhaust put on... It's a good thing I did not sell my full yoshi exhaust :laugh: Don't get me wrong, the alienhead sounds like pure sex, I love the sound but it's too loud..

If anyone wants a full 4-1 Brocks Alienhead with less than 2k miles on it pm me, it's for sale!
Eventually as your ears die the sound becomes just fine. There's just a small adjustment period, then you're good to go :thumbsup: Be patient :laugh:

BTW I also run a full yoshi with the quiet insert in, gave me a big boost in power, and I can still hear, and don't get headaches and fatigue on long rides, or tickets. Plus my wife likes to come with me :beerchug:
Me and the wife also run earplugs a good portion of the time :thumbsup: Between that and the yoshi its like a super fast magic carpet ride with just a hint of growl....just the way I like it....very nice :laugh:

Last edited:
Certainly true in the case of the R77 slipons that I have. Once you get over 50mph you can't hear then over the noise.

I agree, on the highway the wind noise > exhaust noise. However on the regular streets cruising between 20-40 mph it has the worlds most annoying buzz.

The pipes are not sold yet, but have a few buyers in line. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

I agree, on the highway the wind noise > exhaust noise. However on the regular streets cruising between 20-40 mph it has the worlds most annoying buzz.

The pipes are not sold yet, but have a few buyers in line. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

I'd be calling you about that A-head but I already have a Cannon. I can still hear it over the wind noise at 100......with earplugs in and it is a very loud helmet I own (Icon Domain). I love the Cannon.

I undestand u, I like my r77, never try the alienhead but I heard it before and thought was too loud.

I have CT duals and find it a bit tame... Sounds bad ass when you rip it, but a bit mild in traffic. I heard the AH 4-1 is a bit louder than the CT duals + higher pitch. Anyways, most of your hearing loss is probably from the wind noise like the previous post have said.

I don't wear ear plugs in the city but definitely wear when I run highway. I use the skin colored hearos and find that it's not as "stuffy" as the blue ones (I think it's 32db vs. 33db reduction). You should wear ear plugs regardless you have aftermarket exhaust or not.

Back