Yoshimura R-77 to Tsukigi cannon (upgrade or not )

Dozerdriver

Registered
After the comparison between the Brock's, cannon, and R-77 my buddy changed his whole set up. He went from the Yoshimura R-77 to the Tsukigi cannon, pc-3 to the Bazzaz, K&N to the pippercross. We are taking his bike up to HPC tomorrow to dyno it. He is hoping to get somewhere close to the 11 horsepower difference between mine and his. I know it isn't the same day and all the technical stuff but we will post the results. :thumbsup:

I always look at tuning as a game, try to out do your best. Well rightfully so this bike might be one horsepower stronger. I hope every one can live with that.. :bowdown:

Here is the original R-77 dyno run in green and cannon in blue... (correction) 8.22 max power difference between pipes. :whistle: I know it isn't exactly accurate...two different bikes and all.

Exhaust Shootout SAE.jpg

Well... the bike was dynoed today and there was not a big gain from the change. I will post the dyno sheet soon. This does confirm the only way to test the power differences of products is to use the same bike and conditions. I will tell you that the Ivans TRE made a improvement on my bike...tested on the same bike. Maybe Suzuki only puts the stronger motors in the orange bikes...:lol:

I've learned to not put much faith in dyno's. They are a tuning tool and are good for that and relative comparisons.

The dyno was on the same bike produced like numbers four times in a row (4) seperate days and gained power with the TRE by Ivan added. I was not a TRE fan before but the bike picked up three foot pounds of torque and made power sooner than with it off...so I have been convinced. On the power numbers...Dozer for some reason has a very strong machine from the factory. We tried to have everyone succeed today within the code of ethics..at least the former yosh guy gained a little and learned a lot like we all did. Thanks for the entertainment today. You guys put GRUDGE racers to shame. :beerchug:

Great to have guys in your bike yard ready to test whatever and the results are whatever, no stress !

Last edited:
Suzuki puts a little more power in the orange bikes cause they feel bad for the poor schmuck's that have to ride around on an orange bike...gay pride is next week dozer so i guess u wont be out riding. 1,200 bucks for 1.5 hp at this rate it will cost me 12,000 bucks to catch up to you dozer. Hey Greg wouldn't it be cheaper for me to buy a ZX-14 and walk that orange bike?:rofl::rofl::moon:

Suzuki puts a little more power in the orange bikes cause they feel bad for the poor schmuck's that have to ride around on an orange bike...gay pride is next week dozer so i guess u wont be out riding. 1,200 bucks for 1.5 hp at this rate it will cost me 12,000 bucks to catch up to you dozer. Hey Greg wouldn't it be cheaper for me to buy a ZX-14 and walk that orange bike?:rofl::rofl::moon:

I would be upset too.. :whistle:

Back