R-77 Yoshimura vs Brock's Alien Head Dyno

onedownfiveup

Donating Member
Registered
We have a customer who had the Brock's Alien Head Exhaust on his bike and decided it was too loud for highway cruising so he purchased the Yoshimura R-77 to replace it. I will have results of both dyno's later tonight with dyno graphs and I'll discuss the difference I saw in how the pipes compared to each other as far as needing fuel put in and taken out and where.

Also, the customer's Brock's Alien Head is for sale if anyone is interested. PM me for details and price. It's in excellent condition.

bring it on
thumb_up.gif

pt7hy.jpg

RunFile_817.drf: 78.04 °F 29.14 in-Hg Humidity: 5 %
RunFile_1264.drf: 78.60 °F 29.41 in-Hg Humidity: 21 %

RunFile_817 is Brock's Alien Head Full Exhaust
RunFile_1264 is Yoshimura's R-77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust

The bike has a pipercross airfilter, pair valve blocked off, and PCIII USB (obviously).

Both pipes were easy to install and there are no clearance issues between radiator, oil cooler, and fairings.

These pipes were both tuned with a PCIII USB.

If both outlets are 2.25" it would be interesting to see what swaping the cans does... I just can't see that there would be 6 HP in the headers alone.

Impressive results with both systems. I will concede the 6 HP to keep the cops off my ass though.

Curious to know if all of the runs are on the same day with the same rear tire, gasoline, etc....

Changing the rear tire alone can result in a 3-4 horsepower loss (stock OEM tire vs new replacement from a warehouse)

Fuel can also have an effect (summer blends etc)

Not to mention miles and oil...

Great rule of thumb for any dyno testing - SAME DAY, SAME DYNO, SAME OPERATOR

Curious to know if all of the runs are on the same day with the same rear tire, gasoline, etc....

Changing the rear tire alone can result in a 3-4 horsepower loss (stock OEM tire vs new replacement from a warehouse)

Fuel can also have an effect (summer blends etc)

Not to mention miles and oil...

Great rule of thumb for any dyno testing - SAME DAY, SAME DYNO, SAME OPERATOR
Ryan,

First off, the customer had us put the Alien Head on and rode the bike for 200 miles and decided it was just way to loud for him so he wanted to get the R-77. We had already dyno tuned the Alien Head setup so I figured I'd post both graphs. They were not done on the same day. The conditions were posted and were fairly close other than humidity was a little different which does play some roll in power difference and how the bike reacts. They were run with the same tire (stock for the 08) put on the dyno the same way as we do with every bike we dyno tune and tuned by the same dyno tuner. He was on the same oil, but he did obviously have to use different gas. Miles were within 200 miles of each other.

This wasn't really for a dyno test. I just figured I'd post up the results as I'm sure people wanted to know.

Reid

Back