Yoshimura R-77 to Tsukigi cannon (upgrade or not )

Suzuki puts a little more power in the orange bikes cause they feel bad for the poor schmuck's that have to ride around on an orange bike...gay pride is next week dozer so i guess u wont be out riding. 1,200 bucks for 1.5 hp at this rate it will cost me 12,000 bucks to catch up to you dozer. Hey Greg wouldn't it be cheaper for me to buy a ZX-14 and walk that orange bike?:rofl::rofl::moon:
We just need to find you a Monday bike... :laugh:

Suzuki puts a little more power in the orange bikes cause they feel bad for the poor schmuck's that have to ride around on an orange bike...gay pride is next week dozer so i guess u wont be out riding. 1,200 bucks for 1.5 hp at this rate it will cost me 12,000 bucks to catch up to you dozer. Hey Greg wouldn't it be cheaper for me to buy a ZX-14 and walk that orange bike? :rofl::rofl::moon:

+1 :laugh: j/k

Do you now understand what I was trying to explain in the PM about the previous thread...?

There are so many different variables that you really can't compare the pipes on different bikes. Did you find out the weight difference in the OEM tire vs what you are running now...?

Suzuki puts a little more power in the orange bikes cause they feel bad for the poor schmuck's that have to ride around on an orange bike...gay pride is next week dozer so i guess u wont be out riding. 1,200 bucks for 1.5 hp at this rate it will cost me 12,000 bucks to catch up to you dozer. Hey Greg wouldn't it be cheaper for me to buy a ZX-14 and walk that orange bike?:rofl::rofl::moon:

:rofl::rofl:

How much did it cost ya to figure that out? :rofl:
:rofl: Yep wishful thinking and lots of hope never really seems to affect cold hard facts much does it? :laugh: But at least he's sharing the info...so its not money completely wasted. And if Dozers bud likes the looks/sound of the cannon better then its all good :beerchug:

Last edited:
I have been both a FAN and a Friend of Ivan since shortly after the R1 was introduced in 1998. FWIW - His R&D, tuning products and guidance has transformed my current 2006 FZ1. (Same story on a 02 zRx 1200 and 01 Zx9r!)

I'd LOVE to see graphs of the difference in torque for his TRE! (PRETTY PLEASE?)

Last edited:
I have been both a FAN and a Friend of Ivan since shortly after the R1 was introduced in 1998. FWIW - His R&D, tuning products and guidance has transformed my current 2006 FZ1. (Same story on a 02 zRx 1200 and 01 Zx9r!)

I'd LOVE to see graphs of the difference in torque for his TRE! (PRETTY PLEASE?)
I put Ivans flies out setup, which included a pc/map/tre, on my 14 when I pulled the secondaries. His map was as perfect in EVERY way, and made my bike run as good as, any bike I've ever ridden in my life. It turned my 14 into a complete beast, got GREAT mileage, and had no backfiring of any kind. My 14 went from an anemic low end that a 600 would snicker at, to so much silky smooth power instantly, from idle up, that you'd have to ride the bike to truly appreciate it :bowdown: It literally exploded off idle :laugh:
His prices are great........and that man can TUNE!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here is my take knowing what I know today..seeing things with my own eyes, not reading it.

A couple of weeks ago we tested the Tsukigi Canon (buddy's grudge contest) we also tested the Brocks SMEG and the Yoshimura R-77 on three separate Hayabusa's Gen II all 2008's...well the results were interesting....The Canon pulled 184 HP, the Brocks 177 and the R-77 174..or something like that...

Realibily: The Tsukigi bike pulled like numbers (4) times in a row on the same dyno, four different days while I developed our base map.

Of course the R-77 guy wanted more and purchased everything identical to the Tsukigi Canon bike.....well he gained 1.4 HP. So the moral to the story is maybe the grass is not always greener..and you are always not dealing with like bikes, this test proves it. I am glad I saw it for myself or I would have never believed it....same gas and tire pressure...... :bowdown: testing really answers questions.

Greg

Last edited:
It would be interesting to do another comparison of pipes again. Same bike next time.... any Brock's pipes laying around the shop? I have a test bike..:lol:

Here is my take knowing what I know today..seeing things with my own eyes, not reading it.

A couple of weeks ago we tested the Tsukigi Canon (buddy's grudge contest) we also tested the Brocks SMEG and the Yoshimura R-77 on three separate Hayabusa's Gen II all 2008's...well the results were interesting....The Canon pulled 184 HP, the Brocks 177 and the R-77 174..or something like that...

Realibily: The Tsukigi bike pulled like numbers (4) times in a row on the same dyno, four different days while I developed our base map.

Of course the R-77 guy wanted more and purchased everything identical to the Tsukigi Canon bike.....well he gained 1.4 HP. So the moral to the story is maybe the grass is not always greener..and you are always not dealing with like bikes, this test proves it. I am glad I saw it for myself or I would have never believed it....same gas and tire pressure...... :bowdown: testing really answers questions.

Greg
Thanks for sharing the info Greg...thats one of the things forums like these are about, sharing info and helping fellow riders stay safe and make informed decisions :beerchug:

Tsukigi cannon vs Yoshimura R55? I know we all love performance, but style and sound come into play. We do own the most sexy bike! I feel the Tsukigi cannon throws off that sexiness. It's all around quality that counts!

Last edited:
On a good note, I am working with a member who will do some testing for me. We are adding two more layers of exhaust (Insulation) wrap to the baffle of the Canon, hoping it helps out those with sound concerns. Should help without any obstruction of flow or performance. Should know more in a week. This guy is a commuter who should be able to give a solid review on any difference. Exhaust wrap is 22 bucks, safety wire $2.95...should take a 1/2 our to do or we can do them here before hand..if any other Canon owners want to help out LMK...

Last edited:
On a good note, I am working with a member who will do some testing for me. We are adding two more layers of exhaust (Insulation) wrap to the baffle of the Canon, hoping it helps out those with sound concerns. Should help without any obstruction of flow or performance. Should know more in a week. This guy is a commuter who should be able to give a solid review on any difference. Exhaust wrap is 22 bucks, safety wire $2.95...should take a 1/2 our to do or we can do them here before hand..if any other Canon owners want to help out LMK...

I contact Tsukigi early last week and asked to have one of the new baffles and end caps sent to me that they offer for the cannon slip ons. I'm still waiting for it as soon as I do recieve it I will post pictures and sound clips and do a before and after dyno comparison while it's still strapped on the dyno.

Regarding the bike with the R77 that just had the Tsukigi put on it, what power did that bike make with the stock exhaust?

Greg

Where have I heard that before... :whistle: j/k

Glad you guys did the test and posted the results... :beerchug:

Selling the old systyem...think someone is interested but will let you know

Can we get an overlap dyno graph showing the before/after changes going from the Yosh to the Cannon system...?

That would add a LOT of great info to this thread and the other thread... :beerchug:

Last edited:
Any luck on getting a dyno graph with the two pipes overlapped together showing the differences with A/F numbers and other changes...?

Any luck on getting a dyno graph with the two pipes overlapped together showing the differences with A/F numbers and other changes...?

Greg would have to find it at the shop if it is still on the pc. I have the one of the three overlapping (Brock's, cannon, Yosh). 1badbusa should have his sheet somewhere if Greg can't get it.

Back