Gear or not to gear?

Dozerdriver

Registered
Have been thinking of gearing my bike now. I already did full exhaust (cannon), Bazzaz Fi unit and Pippercross race filter. My bike runs great and has tons of power. When I do roll ons with some of my buddies 1000's they sometimes get the jump on me and I have to catch them (depends on what speed we start at). Most of them are -1 tooth down in front. From a dig (dead stop) my bike will take them pretty easy (depending on rider). I was thinking of trying the -1 (front) or +3 (rear) but already have a hard time with wheelies.

03LEBUSA

Registered
I know I got a gen 1 but I'm -1 front and stock rear and I take my buddies 06 R1 any speed. and he is -1 +2 and has full exh and pc. I was +2 in rear but took it off , bike went faster et's w/just -1 front plus great on hgwy, hope this helps

tobefast.com

Site Sponsor
Registered
When your ready we can hook you up with a Vortex Set-up:

Vortex Racing Suzuki Hayabusa 530 Front Sprocket: Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R + Hayabusa + SV + TL 530 Front Sprocket - Tobefast

Low Price Guarantee: Tobefast.com Low Price Guarantee

Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 99-07 530 Rear Sprockets: Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Haybusa 99-07 + BKing + TL1000R + TL1000S 530 Rear Sprockets - Tobefast

Low price Guarantee: Tobefast.com Low Price Guarantee

Vortex Racing Suzuki Hayabusa 530 Front Sprocket: Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R + Hayabusa + BKing 530 Front Sprocket - Tobefast

Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 08-09 530 Rear Sprockets:
Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Haybusa 08-09 + GSX-R 1000 01-08 + SV100003-09 530 Rear Sprockets - Tobefast

Check em out......Thanks

Team McCoy MotorSports
Hayabusa.Org Sponsor
ToBeFast: Motorcycle, Streetbike, Cruiser and Offroad ? Parts, Accessories and Apparel Superstore
Phone (606) 432-1556
Sales@tobefast.com

Dozerdriver

Registered
Well I ordered the 17 tooth front from tobefast. Figure it's cheap and if I don't like it I will change it back to stock. Thanks... :thumbsup:

Busamax

Registered
Ordered rear sprocket and speedohealer yesterday and got an automated email response that something is on backorder:banghead: hope it's not a long wait.

cbravnm

Registered
I went -1 and + 2 in rear. It was great around town but out on longer highway rides the higher revs got a little annoying. My gas mileage went fom around low to mid 40's stock to around 30-31 fully geared. I put the stock rear sprocket back on and it made the highway rides better with mileage at around 36-37 mpg. I have ran it with all the combinations and can't really tell a seat of the pants difference between the -1 with stock rear or with the +2 and stock front but would definatly change one or the other for that low end punch.

Dozerdriver

Registered
I went -1 and + 2 in rear. It was great around town but out on longer highway rides the higher revs got a little annoying. My gas mileage went fom around low to mid 40's stock to around 30-31 fully geared. I put the stock rear sprocket back on and it made the highway rides better with mileage at around 36-37 mpg. I have ran it with all the combinations and can't really tell a seat of the pants difference between the -1 with stock rear or with the +2 and stock front but would definatly change one or the other for that low end punch.
Sounds like the plan...thanks.

The Big Red One

Registered
Have been thinking of gearing my bike now. I already did full exhaust (cannon), Bazzaz Fi unit and Pippercross race filter. My bike runs great and has tons of power. When I do roll ons with some of my buddies 1000's they sometimes get the jump on me and I have to catch them (depends on what speed we start at). Most of them are -1 tooth down in front. From a dig (dead stop) my bike will take them pretty easy (depending on rider). I was thinking of trying the -1 (front) or +3 (rear) but already have a hard time with wheelies.
I went from 17/40 stock to 16/42....it made my busa feel like a whole new bike, and raised the fun factor through the roof :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :laugh: I will NEVER ride with stock gearing again.........

Latest Bikes

Members recently online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Specialk8022