Is the Brock's Alienhead Exhaust Really Loud?

I am also really interested in the alien head but i do about 500 + miles a weekend commuting. I had a 1000 GSXR with the M4 Shorty and wow that thing was loud. Does anyone know if the AH compares to the M4 Noise wise?

The Brocks is loud but it's not a ratty open header sound like a dump pipe or the Hot Bodies. I put mine on before my 30 day temp tag expired:thumbsup: . One thing I can tell you is she's gotten louder as time progresses. I've had this Busa since March 09 and still get a rise when I blip the throttle at a stoplight. Again it's loud but not obnoxious.

9523_1119474437143_1535513577_30-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm still up in the air, but I've narrowed it down to the Brock's or the Yoshi R-55. Thanks everyone for their input. :thumbsup:

When im cruising sometimes I get a wild hair and rev at pedestrians for sh!T$ & giggles. I have the full Brocks Alien Head 4-2-1 system and you should see some of their reactions. :rofl: I think I've made a few japanese tourist pee their pants (i live in hawaii). I was trying to make a right turn and a teenage boy taking his sweet time crossing a crosswalk (he was txting/walkin/not situationaly away/tunnel vision) so to get his attention I revved at him and made him literally jump out of his shoes. i dont think he had them laced(guess that is in style now)plus he was wearing basketball shorts under his jeans.??? Needless to say he walked the rest of the way with a sense of purpose :laugh: This system is loud!

:goodboy::clap::goodboy:
When im cruising sometimes I get a wild hair and rev at pedestrians for sh!T$ & giggles. I have the full Brocks Alien Head 4-2-1 system and you should see some of their reactions. :rofl: I think I've made a few japanese tourist pee their pants (i live in hawaii). I was trying to make a right turn and a teenage boy taking his sweet time crossing a crosswalk (he was txting/walkin/not situationaly away/tunnel vision) so to get his attention I revved at him and made him literally jump out of his shoes. i dont think he had them laced(guess that is in style now)plus he was wearing basketball shorts under his jeans.??? Needless to say he walked the rest of the way with a sense of purpose :laugh: This system is loud!

I have the Brock exhaust on my 2011 busa and I love the sound. I had a set of slip on RLS slip ons on the bike and the I prefer the Brock. It is loud but not extremely loud.

I have the RLS slip ons and am trying to sell right now. 248-508-9446 Duane

Last edited:
Yes! I am on the conservative side and I absolutely love the sound of the alien head set up. Makes me feel like a hooligan all over again..

I don't know much about the Alienhead but I went with the single sided conversion Brock's Shortmeg and I get compliments and complaints on how loud my bike is. And that's with the baffle in. I've yet to experience it with the baffle out but I hear that it's insane:super:.

I have a Brocks Short Meg full system and love it.Have ran it the way it came,with some of the packing removed(which i think sounds just right),without the baffle(sounded fine to me but is pretty obnoxious to cagers on the street:laugh:),with only the end cap routed out to try to tone it down a bit without the baffle and to give the open megaphone more of a finished look(didn't help,still a bit loud for the street),and just purchased another baffled insert($200)to start over(removed just a little of the packing[AGAIN]and will leave it alone this time:laugh:).

(filmed on my GoPro,audio isn't the best and sounds better in person)

With a little of the packing removed:
Bafflemod001_zpsd885d44a.jpg

Bafflemod003_zps394935cb.jpg

PS...i consider myself an authority now when fooling around with a Brocks Short Meg,i've tried all possible sound options!:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive decided to get the 14" Alien Head full system. I want the black but damn its $300 bucks more, i know its ceramic but why so much more?

Not sure myself why ceramic is so expensive unless it's prep,etc.(i had a Thunderheader ceramic coated for a Shovelhead back in the early '90's and was $120 at that time).

(and you'll like the system:thumbsup:)

Ive decided to get the 14" Alien Head full system. I want the black but damn its $300 bucks more, i know its ceramic but why so much more?

Because it looks awesome :)
73D676E8-4792-44D9-90C6-924D3BD19442-1292-0000016CD245EC16.jpg

It also runs much cooler. It's only a moment or two after I stop that it's all cool enough to touch.

Because it looks awesome :)
73D676E8-4792-44D9-90C6-924D3BD19442-1292-0000016CD245EC16.jpg

It also runs much cooler. It's only a moment or two after I stop that it's all cool enough to touch.

Thanks for the info. I forgot about the heat benefits from ceramic, plus it does look awesome. Is the ceramic coating pretty durable with light scatchs, normal wear etc?

I was told by a very reliable source that Brock's gives the best hp gain too...not sure that's true...maybe some others will weigh in on this too.

I started taking my stock exhaust off tonight in preparation for the Alien Head . Now my wife says it looks too bare and unfinished in the back with both cans gone. Has anyone else heard this before or think this?

I started taking my stock exhaust off tonight in preparation for the Alien Head . Now my wife says it looks too bare and unfinished in the back with both cans gone. Has anyone else heard this before or think this?

I thought the same thing when i first got the full system. it grows on you tho. I also put a rear peg tag bracket on the left to balance out "bareness". I used a broom to cover my plate # so im not sure if this pic will help. thought i would try tho.

HayabusaTailSmTS.jpg

HayabusaTailSmTS.jpg

I thought the same thing when i first got the full system. it grows on you tho. I also put a rear peg tag bracket on the left to balance out "bareness". I used a broom to cover my plate # so im not sure if this pic will help. thought i would try tho.

Awesome pic! looks sweet from the back!

Honolulu...........what a wonderful place, i was there over the winter. It has changed me for sure, i cant stop thinking about it. Hawaii is heaven on earth, your very lucky.

Thanks bro,since the pic have added little things like a Brocks top tree,T-Rex adjustable kick stand,black Puig double bubble windscreen,EK ZVX2 black chain,Vortex Cat 5 44T black rear sprocket,Heli-Bars,etc.and going in Sat. morning for a set of new Michelin Power Supersport tires.

T-Rexkickstand5-1-2013003_zpsae8d0fd8.jpg

4-23-2013Heli-Bars007_zps922691c2.jpg

BrocksTopTree013_zpsdd9dc2c4.jpg

Back