08 busa no mufflers

black_supra91

Registered
Hi I'm new to the busa world for this is my first bike (yes I understand it was a dumb decision but it's one of the best I've ever made).  Any way I bought a Yoshimura full exhaust with headers for my bike and while in the process of installing it, me and my friend wanted to hear the bike with no mufflers.  And OMG it was an orgy in the ears  
drools.gif
.  That bike went from honda civic sound to a dodge viper.  I quickly decided not to put the yoshi exhaust on for a couple of reasons.  1 I wanted the sound of no mufflers and I knew the yoshi couldn't do that for me, 2 it would void my warranty and it wasn't worth it in my mind.  So my question is this, What harm would I do to my bike if I just ran it with no mufflers?  Would I still have sufficient back pressure from the cats?  Any long term issues that might occur?  Any input would be great and thanks in advance.

-Shadi

I'm not sure if you would have to remap or not. The cat creates alot of backpressure. My personal opinion since you enjoy that sound is sell the yosh and get a brocks short meg or alien head (comes with a map). They are loud- 106 db cruising, and you can install a silencer whenever you want.

I'm not sure if you would have to remap or not. The cat creates alot of backpressure. My personal opinion since you enjoy that sound is sell the yosh and get a brocks short meg or alien head (comes with a map). They are loud- 106 db cruising, and you can install a silencer whenever you want.
Yeah what he said. I have the Brock AH with the commander and I love it! Turns heads!!

Hi I'm new to the busa world for this is my first bike (yes I understand it was a dumb decision but it's one of the best I've ever made).  Any way I bought a Yoshimura full exhaust with headers for my bike and while in the process of installing it, me and my friend wanted to hear the bike with no mufflers.  And OMG it was an orgy in the ears  
drools.gif
.  That bike went from honda civic sound to a dodge viper.  I quickly decided not to put the yoshi exhaust on for a couple of reasons.  1 I wanted the sound of no mufflers and I knew the yoshi couldn't do that for me, 2 it would void my warranty and it wasn't worth it in my mind.  So my question is this, What harm would I do to my bike if I just ran it with no mufflers?  Would I still have sufficient back pressure from the cats?  Any long term issues that might occur?  Any input would be great and thanks in advance.

-Shadi
So you're wanting to run the stock headers with no cans ? I've had mine like that for almost 3 years.
winkold.gif

You can try "Tailwindz", "Voodoo", or "Hotbodies" slip-ons as well
thumb_up.gif

Greg

Sorry for the low quality vid:

Sienna_complete_R_side___resize.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thumb_up.gif

Greg

kwVE-D6bE[/MEDIA]
I was actually talkin to my body and he suggested the hotbodies slip ons. I might try that route, plus they are a fraction of the cost of the yoshi and half the size. But would I have to do any mapping to the pcm. But does anyone know if there will be any side effects later down the line?

-Shadi

thumb_up.gif

Greg

kwVE-D6bE[/MEDIA]
I was actually talkin to my body and he suggested the hotbodies slip ons.  I might try that route, plus they are a fraction of the cost of the yoshi and half the size.  But would I have to do any mapping to the pcm.  But does anyone know if there will be any side effects later down the line?

-Shadi
I've asked this question as well (I'm new to the oRg too) - the answers I got : There is no need to remap the '08. To my understanding, has a better O2 sensor. However, I am going to get her on the dyno when I can find one in Arkansas - but that's my preference and not a need to kinda thing, but it def doesn't hurt to get more opinions.

peace.gif

Greg

Back