Shortened Stock 08 Mufflers

Scarabsport

Registered
Food for thought: So I'm sitting in the playroom watching tv and looking at those huge hideous mufflers on the '08 Busa in the corner (it stays in the a/c, Was 84 here today in WPB, dig, dig....can you tell I'm formerly married with the Busa in the playroom? another dig) and decided the mufflers are not really a bad shape, the shape actually nicely follows the styling and flow of the rest of the bike. At least IMHO. The problem is more their size, look like they belong on an F350 Powerstroke. They are just way out of proportion.
So I'm thinking those things might actually look okay (at least until someone comes up with a full system I really like) if they were cut off a few inches behind the hanger.
Does anyone have the ability to photoshop what it would look like to shorten those things?
If I had the ability to figure out how to cut them and put an end cap on those things I'd be in the corner with my sawzall right now but unfortunately my mechanical inexpertise would have me with a roll of duct tape trying to tape the end caps back on and realizing I also cut the swingarm in half.
For those of you with 08s look at your bike and kind of block the whole back 1/2 of the muffler with your hand and you may see what I am talking about (or not!). Shortys are all the rage now anyway.

Sounds difficult.  I found these ...  Beowulf Warriorssimilar shape and look (they do them in powder coated black with polished ends for an extra £15 each) but louder and smaller (only 380mm long).  Made in the UK but I'm sure they'll ship worldwide.  Not got em yet - but should be here in a week or so. Will post pics when fitted.

Those gixxer 1000s would look good. There must be a bunch of people that have them sitting in their garage collecting dust.

The Beowulfs also look good too but the exchange rate between the $ and sterling makes them really expensive in $$$.

Those gixxer 1000s would look good.  There must be a bunch of people that have them sitting in their garage collecting dust.  

The Beowulfs also look good too but the exchange rate between the $ and sterling makes them really expensive in $$$.
The Beowulfs cost me £350 inc shipping - though I guess you would have to pay international freight. So I guess it would be about $800. Odd thing is that over here stuff like Yoshis are the same in pounds as they are in dollars - but we get stung for so much import duty it's not really worth importing them. Maybe I should do a holiday in the USA and come back with a suitcase full of Busa ad-ons.......

Yosh is making them. Maybe soon in carbon.

Yosh_08_Busa.jpg

Back