Why is it??

What’s wrong with the hydraulic clutch? I kind of prefer it over cable.
The Busa is Suzuki's flagship, a hydraulic clutch is lower maintenance, and easier for the general population to pull.
The hydraulic clutch has many more moving pieces, one more fluid to worry about and is heavier...

The GSXR1K is Suzuki's flagship...more R&D goes into that platform than ever went into the Hayabusa and as far as the clutch pull goes, the GSXR is designed to be ridden at the track where clutch pull and fatigue are factored in.

The only less maintenance of a hydraulic clutch is adjustment....and adjusting a cable clutch is a piece of cake.

Not sure it’s easier. The cable pull on my slipper clutch Kawasaki is the easiest pull I’ve ever experienced. I like the hydraulic pull on the Busa. Hardly any maintenance at all. I’ve had cables stretch and break and I don’t like lubing them.
Never had any issues with a cable clutch...ever...never had one stretch....ever....

My GSXR race bike had a cable clutch and that thing got pounded race after race with zero issues with the cable.

Apples to oranges.
And tell Suzuki their new gen3 isn't their flagship...that it's the gsxr, lol.
The gsxr is the race bike, totally different market.
If you think Suzuki wants a Busa owner adjusting a clutch...think again.

Apples to oranges.
And tell Suzuki their new gen3 isn't their flagship...that it's the gsxr, lol.
The gsxr is the race bike, totally different market.
If you think Suzuki wants a Busa owner adjusting a clutch...think again.
Suzuki told us their gen 3 isn't the flagship....by not giving us a brand new platform, just a reworked one...

The GSXR platform is used in WSBK and is constantly being upgraded....

I personally don't think Suzuki could give a tinker's damn if a Hayabusa rider wants to adjust a clutch or not...I think they just didn't want to spend the money to change the clutch system....

...uh, sure....you REALLY think Suzuki cares what I or anyone else thinks...???
I said email them if you don't think the Busa is their flagship, and the gsxr is their race program, and that the hydraulic Busa clutch is for their Flagship target audience...not my words, Suzuki's from back during the gen1...and not much has changed.
I'm not arguing, I just posted my answer like others have.
Anyone can freely take it how they like it.

I said email them if you don't think the Busa is their flagship, and the gsxr is their race program, and that the hydraulic Busa clutch is for their Flagship target audience...not my words, Suzuki's from back during the gen1...and not much has changed.
I'm not arguing, I just posted my answer like others have.
Anyone can freely take it how they like it.
Their marketing is to sell bikes and the Hayabusa is a very tough sell...they'll call it anything to sell it......

I raced a semi-factory sponsored bike for Suzuki Canada, that's why I know they could care less what people think.

A cable activated clutch is a lot lighter than this hydraulic unit....the exact same one they have been using since the '80s on their GS bikes...

...ok....time for a new "why is it"

I have a buddy with a huge lifted GMC...it is lifted high enough that getting into it can be a real challenge..

With the crazy price of fuel, he actually complained how costly it was to run this thing.....we have a mutual buddy who has the same truck in stock configuration who gets not great but decent mileage...

Next time I see it and have a camera (phone) ready, I'll get a picture of it....it is certainly a beast......but not fuel efficient....

Because it's fun, and not about mpg.
Deep mud, deep ruts, steep hills...no problem.
I'm from big truck country, and anyone lifting their trucks just for looks, is gonna learn the hard way, parts break, and mpg goes wayyyyy down.
Posers should always stay in their lane...lest they get run over, lol

I'm from big truck country, and anyone lifting their trucks just for looks, is gonna learn the hard way, parts break, and mpg goes wayyyyy down.

Aren't the axles on a lifted truck the same height as non lifted trucks?

Maybe I’ll lift my Caddy. Tires may be a problem….
4394641F-F9D6-4BA3-A8D7-4EA7BABFF8CF.jpg

Aren't the axles on a lifted truck the same height as non lifted trucks?

No, it depends on the lift and the truck.
Lift blocks, taller springs or leafs, and lowered knuckles All move the axle further from the body and frame, allowing for taller tires.
Higher or different bumpers give greater aproach angles to hills, so the tires just roll up them, vs digging the bumpers in.

There are more trucks and SUVs around here than cars for sure...

His is at the pinnacle of them...I know it has Skyjacker parts underneath it and huge tires....

Cool looking truck....

I drove big green and sometimes tan trucks....nothing like bowling over trees or going through huge mud holes or deep snow without even batting an eye...

I have a few pictures of my friend's 4wds in my phone.
The big black/green Chevy has 38" tires, with I don't remember how much lift, and is parked next to his stock truck for perspective(not the best pic, as I just zoomed in on a pic of his house,but you get the idea).
The Jeep Wrangler has a lift and 35" tires, climbing a hill at my house.
The Jeep Cherokee only has 32" tires, and is just flexing through some trails, lol.
The big 80's Chevy in the snow has 44" tires.

20181209_154220.jpg

Screenshot_20210824-112431_Gallery.jpg

20190720_164727.jpg

View attachment 1640149

20191229_154106.jpg

20191229_154233.jpg

I just read where there is talk of not allowing people to refer to other people by "him or her" due to gender neutrality and fluidity (whatever the heck that is).

What kind of a frickin' world are we living in I ask???

Already people are not assigning gender to babies born so they can decide at a later date what gender they wish to be....

And if anyone (here in Canada) has gone on-line to apply for their new drivers license, there are a whole bunch of gender check boxes including (none). How the heck can someone have no gender...?????

Stop the world, I want off...

Back