Why is it??

I would have no problem ripping by him but just thought to myself of the arrogance this guy has to even do such a thing is beyond me.

A guy once told me he had 103 hp because that's what it said on his air cleaner...I told him that is the cubic inches not the hp and his bike stock is 63 hp...he argued up and down until a friend of mine walked over and showed him his dyno sheet from when he took his bike to get "souped up" He had 60 hp stock and after spending $4500 had 69
I was getting excited when I started reading your first post about this anticipating how you explain how you left him in the dust...lol

I was getting excited when I started reading your first post about this anticipating how you explain how you left him in the dust...lol

I purposely rode at the speed limit just to be annoying knowing I was turning off shortly...he was just awaiting a chance to display his prowess in front of the "lowly Jap bike."

I think I’ve told this before so here’s the short version. On a straight four lane hiway, two in each direction, I passed a herd of harleys doing the speed limit. The lead hawg, which sounded very good (modified) matched my speed which was around 95. Pulling next to me he motioned that he wanted to run so I down shifted three gears and nodded back. He shook his head and pulled back over to let the herd catch up and we all went about our day.

Just talked to one of my neighbors while at the community mailbox...

He was saying a guy on a motorcycle was knocked off it while sitting at a light in our downtown the other night around 0230-I guess he was working the evening shift and was on his way home...

They didn't steal his bike or do anything else, just knocked him over...

At that time of day, I would have just drove through the lights as they cycle all night for some strange reason...it is only a city of 15,000 people...

Here we are in Oct of 2020 and the "Why is it?" thread needs another addition...

Why is it people just can't use their signal lights or stop at stop signs???

Even the ones that do stop at stop signs come up to them so aggressively that it sometimes makes me think they aren't going to stop.

Why is it people can't leave the stop sign and drive straight through the intersection but wait for you to turn in front of them because you are stopped on the opposite side? Two vehicles stop at an intersection, the one turning left doesn't have the right of way even if they were there first.

Why is it people can't leave the stop sign and drive straight through the intersection but wait for you to turn in front of them because you are stopped on the opposite side? Two vehicles stop at an intersection, the one turning left doesn't have the right of way even if they were there first.

Exactly...that is an accident waiting to happen...and if you are the second vehicle it's really frustrating to have a green light and some 'nimrod' ahead of you lets someone turn left....

Whilst out riding today, I saw a silhouette of a cruiser style bike made out of a piece of plywood, painted black and hanging on the side of a garage...

If the price of plywood wasn't crazy, I'd make one of the Hayabusa and hang it on my garage.....then I got to thinking....there's no sense advertising I have a Hayabusa in my garage.....next thing I know some idiot thief would have to die trying to steal it...

Now back to the "why is it" theme....why is it that people are burning the tires off cars out there on the back roads....the amount of "burn out" marks is amazing....each and every intersection has a set...

Why is it people who are looking for a street do a "panic stop" when they find the street they are seeking....

I came really. really close to wiping out a Honda Civic with my Ram yesterday...I was doing around 30kms/hr and the car in front slammed on their brakes...my reaction time was just enough to avoid smashing into them....

I believe the driver of that car was so focused on trying to find a side street they were oblivious of anything around them....first the panic stop then the pause and finally a signal light while stopped....there was zero oncoming traffic...don't get it....

Here's a thread on why is it that people are nuts...?

Why do people who are first at a stop light and delay going on the green (like 10 seconds) go nuts when you honk the horn to let them know the light's green? Today just such a thing happened and the lady started driving like a mad person, speeding and driving crazy.

Why do people pull onto a busy hiway and go 20 under the speed limit? I've had this happen to me and expected the driver to speed up to traffic speeds but didn't, the traffic backed up behind them for kms and it seemed they never looked back....
I don't know the answer to the first part, but I do for the second one. It's immigrants. I travel a lot and drive a shitload whenever I go, and one of the things I realized is that most places on the world the do not drive as fast as we do. So they come from countries where maybe they see 70 80 kmh max on a few roads, to 125 to 140 khm on the low end here. That's a huge increase, their brains can't catch up with the speed and information. Takes them a while to be able to cope and match the flow of traffic.

Why is it people who are looking for a street do a "panic stop" when they find the street they are seeking....
I have noticed a change in people's mindset. "it's all about me and my convenience" drivers don't care about others or accidents they can cause with their risky maneuvers. I have seen drivers stopping traffic in the left lane to turn even though there is a huge NO LEFT TURN sign.

I don't know the answer to the first part, but I do for the second one. It's immigrants. I travel a lot and drive a shitload whenever I go, and one of the things I realized is that most places on the world the do not drive as fast as we do. So they come from countries where maybe they see 70 80 kmh max on a few roads, to 125 to 140 khm on the low end here. That's a huge increase, their brains can't catch up with the speed and information. Takes them a while to be able to cope and match the flow of traffic.
When I was posted in Toronto, I was sitting on Sheppard Ave and there were 2 turning lanes to my left...I could hear the people talking in the car next to me and it wasn't English or French...the light turned green (it was a green light and left turn arrow), and the car beside me passed me coming from the turning lane and went in front of me I had to get on the brakes as it cut me off.....it was a driver training car so I got up close, got the info off it and called the MTO once I got home...

I told them of the intersection and they said they would check the traffic cameras....I didn't trust that so I called my buddy who is a Sgt on the Toronto police to follow it up..

He did and the driver instructor got a reprimand, lost his instructor license for 30 days and had to re-take his instruction test.

The Busa is Suzuki's flagship, a hydraulic clutch is lower maintenance, and easier for the general population to pull.

Not sure it’s easier. The cable pull on my slipper clutch Kawasaki is the easiest pull I’ve ever experienced. I like the hydraulic pull on the Busa. Hardly any maintenance at all. I’ve had cables stretch and break and I don’t like lubing them.

Back