Whatever happened to "keep right except to pass"

Just to throw a quick spin on it,,but should I hurry up and move over even if I'm running the speed limit , so some lawbreaker can zip on down the road?? If I'm doing speed limit, does a speeder have more rights to that lane than me ?? Like I said I don't use the 'passing' lane much except to pass,,but most of the time I have to 'speed' to do that,,:poke:

Clearly you are in the spin mode with the law breaker comment. To answer you question "rights" question. The law states slow traffic keep right So, if somebody comes up behind you and you continue to hold your position and

cause them to slow down, are you the slower traffic ? Consideration of "The Law" also includes sharing the road. Are you sharing the road when you block somebody from passing you by blocking any lane to the left of the far right

hand lane?

The road conditions have a lot to do with how fast people drive regardless of the speed limit. Over there in New Mexico and other wide open places this country could build autobahn style roads like they have in Germany.

Under the right conditions, type of vehicle, and tire rating we have many vehicles that could comfortably cruise at a 100+. The biggest issue these days is many people don't take driving serious.

This is demonstrated by the ad campaigns discouraging people drom drinking, texting, and driving distracted.

Just because you have the "right" to, doesn't mean you should...if you can get over and let somebody by who is obviously willing to go 10MPH faster than you, why not? Did it hurt you or cause you any inconvenience? Did it prevent someone from getting pissed off, and maybe create additional danger?

I'm glad to get over - when it does not interfere with MY driving - for a faster driver...as long as they don't then slow back down and get in my way and/or not repay the courtesy...

Indiana passed a law on this and it went into force on July 1st.The 1st person to get pulled over for camping in the pass lane had a pic of the tail of his car on the news :laugh:

Back