Why is it?

Poor choice of words perhaps on my behalf.

I have no problem with people that live this life, I just notice it is being placed front and center quite a bit of late.

I remember the days of homosexuals being shunned, now they are part of society albeit a very small part of society.
Acceptance has improved, even though movies and TV shows indicate more approval than true society, in my estimation. Heck, LGBTQ has become a movie genre and I think that irks many. Your last sentence spurred me to investigate, and most reports I've found hover around 8% of the world's population being gay. I think media slants some people's estimations, and 25% seems to be a popular number people guess at. I feel 8% is much more accurate, but regardless enough that society hopefully can continue to spread acceptance for the sake of 8 in 100 people that for the most part live upstanding lives but in the minds of many are frowned upon in spite of it.

Last edited:
Personally, I can accept about anything. People are people. I don’t rub my choices in people’s face, with the exception of pie ;) , so leave yours out of mine and just be a good human. There is too much hate already in this world. I do however draw the line on calling someone a cat or a toaster when they are clearly a person. But that’s my choice.

Personally, I can accept about anything. People are people. I don’t rub my choices in people’s face, with the exception of pie ;) , so leave yours out of mine and just be a good human. There is too much hate already in this world. I do however draw the line on calling someone a cat or a toaster when they are clearly a person. But that’s my choice.
Yeah we can add sexual preference to religion and politics, things are are deeply personal and should probably stay there. As for pecan vs apple or coconut cream, that people can thoroghly discuss hopefully without hurting feelings :laugh:

BTW, your last thought, my cat perked up. "What? I'm not a person now?"

Acceptance has improved, even though movies and TV shows indicate more approval than true society, in my estimation. Heck, LGBTQ has become a movie genre and I think that irks many. Your last sentence spurred me to investigate, and most reports I've found hover around 8% of the world's population being gay. I think media slants some people's estimations, and 25% seems to be a popular number people guess at. I feel 8% is much more accurate, but regardless enough that society hopefully can continue to spread acceptance for the sake of 8 in 100 people that for the most part live upstanding lives but in the minds of many are frowned upon in spite of it.
The research I did had it all over the board....there are just so many variables it seems...

I did read actual homosexual population was 3% of global population......

All the other "fringe" sexualities in my opinion don't compute into this as people who identify as these other sexualities swing back and forth and in my estimation this is more of a mental heath issue rather than a biological one...

I could look at all this with a very closed mind...but I choose to keep it open...

I was raised by the original "Archie Bunker" type of man (as many were from his generation) who believed there was something wrong in the brains of homosexual people-he equated this to being on a farm and never seeing two bulls fighting over another bull....there was always a cow that was the object of the fight.......and animals go off purely instinct, he couldn't wrap his head around the concept that a male human animal would be attracted to another male human animal......he said the drive to reproduce is one of the basic instinct of any species...

It does make one wonder why this occurs in humans....

I get that there are species of animals that can switch genders if there are no opposite genders around however humans who are gay can't switch body parts without medical intervention....maybe this is going to be a future evolution of mankind...???

Homosexuality is common in the animal world. I read somewhere that it's very close to the percentage of human homosexuality. I hear a lot of people say that sex is directly related to procreation, which is ridiculous as we have all had sex for fun, not to have a child. The truth is that sexual orientation is much more complicated than most understand.

Bottom there we haven't found a gay gene. Still, some are born gay and feel most comfortable in that sort of lifestyle. What is also interesting is that being gay is a relatively new "problem". Anti-gay sentiment seems to be aligned with religious fanatism.

I don't know but for me to each their own. As long as they are productive and pay their taxes, "you be you".

Not really a why is it because we all know why but it sure is evident when the prices of food items has gone up yet the serving size has gotten smaller....

I was going to buy a bag of potato chips today but would have to mortgage my house....almost $5 a bag....

Not really a why is it because we all know why but it sure is evident when the prices of food items has gone up yet the serving size has gotten smaller....

I was going to buy a bag of potato chips today but would have to mortgage my house....almost $5 a bag....

lol
The price of nitrogen is a big reason, they pump it in every chip bag as a perservative.
None of the local car dealerships have nitrogen for tires anymore, at least within a 50 mile radius of me.

I wonder why our Transport Canada has allowed Hyundai and Kia to bring vehicles here which have the signal lights low down on the bumper and not in the traditional area where their tail/brake lights are located...??

While out for a walk today after a decent wet, sticky sort of snow fall, I saw two different Korean products which had their signal lights completely covered in both snow and road slush that was kicked up onto them.....whereas their tail/brake lights were completely visible and clear......

Seems like a stupid thing to me.....and a good way to get hit when making a turn when nobody can see your signal lights....

It's insane isn't it, and they fill them full of soy, which is actually just the sludge off the bottom of the tank, the part with most of the pestiside residue. But it's 'food' according to the FDA so in it goes as a cheap filler. Most also contain phenylalanine for a sweetner, a derivative of Aspartame. Yum Yum. I don't eat any of the brands now. Far too toxic.

Why is it that so many new vehicles are running around with lights out...

One of my neighbors has a new F150 and a headlight isn't working and it has a whopping 100 kms on it.....the dealership is going to replace it but they have to replace the entire unit and they are on back order...

Another neighbor has a new Hyundai and a tail light is out...

Must be inferior products coming out of China these days....

Back