Why is it??

Gotcha
Thankyou sir
So I am not totally aware of all the ways there can be WOs, but from what I can say is:

WOs are not a Commissioned Officer. But usually it's because they don't wish to be taken out of the field and into admin roles. So they are like senior NCO leaders of larger sized specialty groups. Higher than an NCO but below an officer. Usually the higher skilled of the skilled. I know my neighbor is a pilot, (though wasn't a pilot as an assigned specialty). More like if you need to fly out of a bad situation, you know how to fly most of what would be in whatever area you were sent to. Like "We can't send anything there, find something and fly it yourself" type thing. He is jump rated with hundreds of jumps to his credit and went first hand into caves that Bin Laden had fled to evaluate the HF comms that were left behind. He holds a Marksman rating. He is also Drone pilot certified. And he has a surveillance system installed that is totally of his own design and installation.

I think he was a WO4 or 5. But only because I heard one of his buddies make mention of it at a gathering.

Think McGyver. I haven't found much he doesn't seem very capable at.

I'll want him on my team when the chyt hits the fan. And I would not want to be on the other side.

I know he holds a Master's Degree but do not know if he got that in service or after.

He currently has a robotic drone company whereby they deploy a drone that runs profiled unmanned missions for various applications. Like crop inspection to infrared motion detection of say animal movement or humans crossing a specific digital line or boundary. Power line inspections that detect energy leakage. Or antenna inspections. Radioactive leaks.

24/7. The only human intervention is maintenance.

I don't if he did 20 and got out or more. But he is 46 so he can't have done 30.

So I am not totally aware of all the ways there can be WOs, but from what I can say is:

WOs are not a Commissioned Officer. But usually it's because they don't wish to be taken out of the field and into admin roles. So they are like senior NCO leaders of larger sized specialty groups. Higher than an NCO but below an officer. Usually the higher skilled of the skilled. I know my neighbor is a pilot, (though wasn't a pilot as an assigned specialty). More like if you need to fly out of a bad situation, you know how to fly most of what would be in whatever area you were sent to. Like "We can't send anything there, find something and fly it yourself" type thing. He is jump rated with hundreds of jumps to his credit and went first hand into caves that Bin Laden had fled to evaluate the HF comms that were left behind. He holds a Marksman rating. He is also Drone pilot certified. And he has a surveillance system installed that is totally of his own design and installation.

I think he was a WO4 or 5. But only because I heard one of his buddies make mention of it at a gathering.

Think McGyver. I haven't found much he doesn't seem very capable at.

I'll want him on my team when the chyt hits the fan. And I would not want to be on the other side.

I know he holds a Master's Degree but do not know if he got that in service or after.

He currently has a robotic drone company whereby they deploy a drone that runs profiled unmanned missions for various applications. Like crop inspection to infrared motion detection of say animal movement or humans crossing a specific digital line or boundary. Power line inspections that detect energy leakage. Or antenna inspections. Radioactive leaks.

24/7. The only human intervention is maintenance.

I don't if he did 20 and got out or more. But he is 46 so he can't have done 30.
Thank you sir for the explanation.
I appreciate it...as well as your service.

He is a very humble guy and unless he knows you are military, you would not see it.

We had a credo we lived by. "Those who do the most, say the least." He definitely fits into that.
What do you think about the do a year as a SEAL then get famous culture of today? When SEAL first started to get well known they did all they could to avoid the limelight. They used to be worried about the bad guys trying to get to their families or something.

What do you think about the do a year as a SEAL then get famous culture of today? When SEAL first started to get well known they did all they could to avoid the limelight. They used to be worried about the bad guys trying to get to their families or something.
We weren't allowed any social media platforms, civilian cameras or cell phones anywhere on our bases, on operations or training venues...

We weren't allowed to wear uniforms back and forth from home to work and were encouraged to be invisible in the eye of the public.

I've just returned from a wife induced errand....

While out, I came across an older 90's era Ford Ranger and the owner had these 3 inch stacks running up behind the cab....along with these he had every little faux chrome bobble stuck on it....

It sounded awful.....

Why is it so hard for people to clear the snow and ice off their vehicles...I saw one today that is called a "rolling snow bank" all the driver did was use the wipers to create a small hole to see out of, the rest of the car was completely covered....that was one time I hoped a cop would come along.

Why is it so hard for people to clear the snow and ice off their vehicles...I saw one today that is called a "rolling snow bank" all the driver did was use the wipers to create a small hole to see out of, the rest of the car was completely covered....that was one time I hoped a cop would come along.
I even clear the snow off the roof of my truck.
I know that a State Trooper can write you a ticket here if snow blows off your vehicle on to the windsheild of the vechile behind you...not that I've ever seen it enforced.
What's really common is like what you're talking about too. Completely frosted windows with a couple scrape marks on the windsheild, about 6" by a foot...idiots.

But off subject, only related to the cold...I saw 4 sportbikes out over the weekend in below freezing temperatures!
Hey, we're a dying breed!

I even clear the snow off the roof of my truck.
I know that a State Trooper can write you a ticket here if snow blows off your vehicle on to the windsheild of the vechile behind you...not that I've ever seen it enforced.
What's really common is like what you're talking about too. Completely frosted windows with a couple scrape marks on the windsheild, about 6" by a foot...idiots.

But off subject, only related to the cold...I saw 4 sportbikes out over the weekend in below freezing temperatures!
Hey, we're a dying breed!
I use my leaf blower to clear my truck off (and the wife's car). It works great for that.

There's no way I'd ever ride a bike where there is a chance of ice or black ice...I like my bike too much

I use my leaf blower to clear my truck off (and the wife's car). It works great for that.

There's no way I'd ever ride a bike where there is a chance of ice or black ice...I like my bike too much
I bet the leaf blower works good on the right type of snow, and before it has a chance to freeze solid.
I've ridden with snow and ice, sand and black ice quite a few times, it's the MX in me. I have slowed my roll quite a bit in that regard anymore though.
I'll go out for a cruise in it if the mood strikes.
As I've said before I lowsided my gen2(left stock muffler took some scrapes)kicked it upright and went backwards through a snowbank from the plow, which kept me from going down a steep embankment.
It was really fun, but dummy me realized I get carried away and forget about how slippery things get.
No real damage to the bike or me, cool experience, and lesson learned.
Besides...Real fun on snow and ice is with a Yamaha Banshee!
Especially when your friend(s) are in tow on a sled holding a ski rope...and they realize they should've let go alot sooner! lmao!

While heading out to do some errands, I was travelling down a country road and there are open fields all around, I note an SUV travelling towards the county road via a side road and said to myself there is no way that is going to make the stop...so I slowed down and sure enough the SUV goes into a slide and ends up in a snowbank....

SUV.jpg

While heading out to do some errands, I was travelling down a country road and there are open fields all around, I note an SUV travelling towards the county road via a side road and said to myself there is no way that is going to make the stop...so I slowed down and sure enough the SUV goes into a slide and ends up in a snowbank....

View attachment 1646852
Now the real issue. Did you:

A. Stop and ask them if they meant to do that?
B. Tell them they might want to get those maps updated on their GPS.
C. Ask them did you have those tires properly inflated?
D. Offer to help them for a small fee?
E. Bump them a little to get them off the road?

Now the real issue. Did you:

A. Stop and ask them if they meant to do that?
B. Tell them they might want to get those maps updated on their GPS.
C. Ask them did you have those tires properly inflated?
D. Offer to help them for a small fee?
E. Bump them a little to get them off the road?
A. Nope but did go check the driver to make sure it wasn't a medical emergency....it wasn't
B. Nope
C. Nope
D. Would never ask for money but did offer to pull them out-she declined and said her husband was on his way.
E. My truck is too pretty for that....now if I had my previous F-150 all bets would be off...

I did say I knew she wasn't going to make the stop just by how fast she was going.....

Once she was OK and her husband showed up, I left.

A. Nope but did go check the driver to make sure it wasn't a medical emergency....it wasn't
B. Nope
C. Nope
D. Would never ask for money but did offer to pull them out-she declined and said her husband was on his way.
E. My truck is too pretty for that....now if I had my previous F-150 all bets would be off...

I did say I knew she wasn't going to make the stop just by how fast she was going.....

Once she was OK and her husband showed up, I left.
You could never make it in America! Haha

Back