Traffic Laws...why they are needed

afterhours

Registered
Atleast one LEO will not be going home to his family tonight.....

while making a routine traffic stop, he was run over. the driver of the vehicle had was too busy to wait in taffic and had pulled onto the shoulder and was traveling at a high rate of speed...when he killed the officer.

victimless crime? well atleast not today.

Atleast one LEO will not be going home to his family tonight.....

while making a routine traffic stop, he was run over. the driver of the vehicle had was too busy to wait in taffic and had pulled onto the shoulder and was traveling at a high rate of speed...when he killed the officer.

victimless crime? well atleast not today.

Our truck driver just returned from Palmdale and was telling us about this. It was a motorcycle LEO too.

Very sad, prayers to the family.
Bubba

I wonder if they will just charge him with driving on the shoulder?

Sad....Rest in Peace officer.

Heard about this at lunch but hadn't heard that the officer had died only that he was in serious condition. The report said that the driver did pull onto to the shoulder to pass traffic at a high rate of speed when they collided with the motorcycle, officer and the car that he had stopped. Tragic and stupid because someone got frustrated with the traffic on the 405, all of us who have ever lived and worked in OC or LA know the 405 sucks big time an did does you no good to go ape shid over it.

CHP officer severely injured in crash on 405 | abc7.com

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer was critically injured in a crash that shut down a busy portion of the 405 Freeway on Wednesday.

The accident, involving the motorcycle cop and two other vehicles, was reported on the 405 North, just south of National Boulevard at about 8:30 a.m. Authorities said the officer had completed a traffic stop of a Honda SUV on the shoulder of the freeway when an Infiniti slammed into him from behind, pushing him into the SUV.

There was a doctor and some other medical personnel who saw what happened and helped the officer.

The officer was taken to UCLA Medical Center in critical condition. CHP Sgt. Mark Garrett said his condition was "very serious."

"We're very concerned, and we're getting his family there as fast as we can," he said.

Three other civilians were injured in the accident, but their injuries are reportedly minor.

The 405 North is expected to be closed for several hours as authorities investigate the scene, with traffic being diverted off at Venice Boulevard. Two lanes of the 405 South also remain closed. It is unknown how long the closures will be in effect.

Last edited:
Heard about this at lunch but hadn't heard that the officer had died only that he was in serious condition. The report said that the driver did pull onto to the should to pass traffic at a high rate of speed when they collided with the motorcycle, officer and the car that he had stopped. Tragic and stupid because someone got frustrated with the traffic on the 405, all of us who have ever lived and worked in OC or LA know the 405 sucks big time an did does you no good to go ape shid over it.

CHP officer severely injured in crash on 405 | abc7.com

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer was critically injured in a crash that shut down a busy portion of the 405 Freeway on Wednesday.

The accident, involving the motorcycle cop and two other vehicles, was reported on the 405 North, just south of National Boulevard at about 8:30 a.m. Authorities said the officer had completed a traffic stop of a Honda SUV on the shoulder of the freeway when an Infiniti slammed into him from behind, pushing him into the SUV.

There was a doctor and some other medical personnel who saw what happened and helped the officer.

The officer was taken to UCLA Medical Center in critical condition. CHP Sgt. Mark Garrett said his condition was "very serious."

"We're very concerned, and we're getting his family there as fast as we can," he said.

Three other civilians were injured in the accident, but their injuries are reportedly minor.

The 405 North is expected to be closed for several hours as authorities investigate the scene, with traffic being diverted off at Venice Boulevard. Two lanes of the 405 South also remain closed. It is unknown how long the closures will be in effect.

I truly pray that my co-worker heard the story wrong, and that the officer pulls through and makes a full recovery.

I still have not heard an update as of now.

Thanks for the article - could not find it in my local news.

Prayers to all that were involved.
Bubba

The person driving that Lexus should be charged with the highest offense possible, their actions were deraved with total disregard for other peoples lives and safety.

:rulez:

Knowing from personal experience, the person driving the car that struck and possibly killed the officer should be charged with murder if he ends up dying. I am getting tired of people getting away with things like this. I was lucky that they caught the guy that hit me while I was on the side of the freeway and that my brother is a cop and he was able to make some phone calls.

Sad, prayers sent for the officer and his family.

My only question though is for the OP.

I assume this topics was started based on the other thread about speeding. The driver that caused the accident was already breaking several laws when this happened. How are more traffic laws going to prevent this...? ???

I assume this topics was started based on the other thread about speeding. The driver that caused the accident was already breaking several laws when this happened. How are more traffic laws going to prevent this...? ???

I know what you mean, not more laws needed, just more enforcement of the ones already in place.

Sad...prayers for the family.

There is a HUGE difference between speeding and wreckless driving, poor analogy.

I said SPEEDING is a victimless crime, driving like a total idiot is not.
(I KNOW, I lost my brother because he was driving like a total idiot)

Well, this is partly because of some of the sentiments expressed in that thread, but many others as well.

while nobody likes getting a ticket, to simply dismiss tickets...even speeding tickets as a revenue grab is wrong. Traffic laws protect us from us. I know most will spout about "personal freedom"....but the fact is traffic laws keep us from driving 100mph everywhere....

one of the major causes of accidents is speed.

sitting on a computer, the difference bewteen 35mph and 55mph seems miniscule....but when that SUV driver pulls out in front of you(the most common of all motorcycle accidents)....the difference between obeying a posted 35mph speed limit......and driving at a more comfortable 55mph could be the difference between a close call and trip in an ambulance.

PS: this was posted mostly because some a-hole hit a LEO becaue he was late for work.

I know of the area where this accident occurred, i stay away from the area at all costs.....filled with lots of people that think they are above the law, that they are too important to obey the laws....

Last edited:
I know what you mean,
not more laws needed,
just more enforcement

of the ones already in place .

Somebody captured a picture of a Gen 1 Hayabusa ~ with Louisiana plates after a hit & run on the 405 *

VH 169 Hayabusa.jpg

Hope that everybody involved recovers from the damages and they catch the hit & run vehicle *

Somebody captured a picture of a Gen 1 Hayabusa ~ with Louisiana plates after a hit & run on the 405 *

View attachment 1584417
Hope that everybody involved recovers from the damages and they catch the hit & run vehicle *
the punishment should fit the crime.... so when the hit and run driver is caught... he has to get on that very same hayabusa(its done anyway)… and the motorcycle rider gets in the perps car.... and gets to ram right into the sob.... intentionally... only harder.. because he tried to run...….. that's how you do justice..... no jail.... we are all full.

Back